Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI - sweat...

(14 Posts)
kinkytoes Fri 18-Dec-15 21:57:25

blush

In a rather private place! I've been sweating between my legs and the skin is getting sore. Feels like what I'd expect nappy rash to be like. Never had this first time around and can't even blame a hot summer pregnancy. I'm usually slim/petite but obviously I'm a bit bigger than usual right now! Am 24 weeks.

Firstly does anyone else get this? Secondly what can I do about it?

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 22:10:10

I have had this happen, and really, the best way to deal with it is washing the affected area a couple of times each day and changing out moist underwear and trousers.

In pregnancy, there is general vasodilation due to increased testosterone and I think that might contribute to it.

I never found powders helpful, but occasionally I would apply a bit of diaper creme when it got sore.

smilethanks

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 22:13:36

Once I had a flair up of exactly this during a 30 hour shift as work, and since I didn't have any spare clothes, I ended up taping gauze pads to my inner thighs to reduce the friction and walking like a cowboy, which helped a bit.

After a few hours, I had my father come in and bring me a pair of his boxer shorts to wear. Desperate, I know!!

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 22:14:04

as>>at

kinkytoes Fri 18-Dec-15 22:28:25

Thanks PY I'm so glad it's not just me! About to go to bed and have just used my toddler's Sudocrem on the area blush

I guess I'm at higher risk of thrush too so will take your advice on changing clothes etc.

PS - a 30 hour shift? While pregnant? shock

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 22:43:19

Yes, I was in the midst of medical training, and I worked right up through my 40th week! It was quite rough.

I had never had thrush before being pregnant-and it just occurred to me that immunity is suppressed during pregnancy so that might be why it is a common thing.

Enjoy the holidays!starstar

Junosmum Fri 18-Dec-15 23:37:52

I get this too. I rinse with salt water, change clothes regularly and apply caneston most night as I tend to get thrush too which makes it worse.

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 23:54:40

Junosmum-do you ever worry about it becoming resistant to the Carnesten, given that you use it regularly?

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 23:55:37

Sorry, Canesten. It has a different name where I am. It is fluconazole, no?

PitilessYank Fri 18-Dec-15 23:57:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kinkytoes Sun 20-Dec-15 23:29:43

I've never heard of using canesten as a preventative treatment before, is that recommended JM?

Roomba Sun 20-Dec-15 23:45:42

I had this when pregnant, too. I am pretty slim but still ended up with chafing and feeling like I stank constantly.

Tried a few different things and just washing often and smearing loads of Sudocrem on seemed to work best for me. It is pretty thick so didn't sweat off as much as powders, anti chafing gels etc.

kinkytoes Mon 21-Dec-15 08:21:15

Thanks Roomba. I'm definitely finding Sudocrem to be my friend right now.

kinkytoes Thu 31-Dec-15 16:35:23

Another tip for anyone else suffering this symptom - a plump pillow between the legs at night helps to keep the area a bit more airy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now