Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Itching

(5 Posts)
Nousername2015 Fri 18-Dec-15 21:08:35

Another day and something else to stress about it seems! 35+2 today and been itching like mad all over. At first just thought it was stretched skin over bump and boobs but now I'm scratching pretty much everywhere. Not on my palms or soles of feet though.
Have a mw appointment next weds and will mention it then but can this much itching be harmless or is it usually OC? Can you have OC without itching on palms and soles? Do I need to try to see gp over the weekend? Baby movement fine so don't need monitoring. Would appreciate advice from anyone with experience.

LumpySpaceCow Fri 18-Dec-15 22:17:06

I would ring delivery suite for advice if I were you. Could be nothing but could be oc and they will be able to advise you best.

LumpySpaceCow Fri 18-Dec-15 22:19:13

You've probably read it but:
www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/itching-obstetric-cholestasis-pregnant.aspx

baffledmummy Sat 19-Dec-15 20:12:10

I had OC and did itch all over but palms and soles noticeably more so. It was also the kind of itch that if you scratched it - it still itched (massively frustrating). Also jaundiced and (tmi alert...sorry) pale poo and very dark wee, although I know you don't necessarily have to present all the symptoms, it's worth looking out for them if you think it might be OC. Not a fun condition - hope you don't have it.

Nousername2015 Sat 19-Dec-15 20:18:11

Thanks for the insight, sounds like you had an awful time baffled. Having read the nhs pages I'm not presenting the symptoms of oc so fingers crossed. I will ask the mw about it this week though. Still a bit itchy tonight (tends to come on in evenings) but not palms or soles and is satisfied with a bit of a scratch. Hoping it's just hormones like the nhs page says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now