Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fundal growth

(8 Posts)
scaredmum2be Fri 18-Dec-15 20:15:10

Just been to hospital as had no movement today at all.
She measured fundal growth which is 25cm she said it was fine even though I'm 26+6 but I forgot to mention I also measured 25cm at 24+5 midwife app.
Now at home panicking baby will stop growing or placenta will fail,or not enough water as movements have reduced. She heard heartbeat though. The measurement was taken with me sitting up right slightly this time and last time I was flat on my back can this make a difference ? Panicking now and don't see midwife until next week

Iammad Fri 18-Dec-15 20:22:39

They only seem to care if your more then 2 cms either way.
I'm nearly 36 weeks and I've been measuring 34 weeks for the past two weeks they are not bothered.
Also different midwifes measuring can be slightly different so try not to worry.

goodnightdarthvader1 Fri 18-Dec-15 20:45:55

How long did they monitor you / heartbeat for?

scaredmum2be Fri 18-Dec-15 20:48:50

Just two minutes. Just a Doppler as to early for proper monitoring

Dixiechick17 Fri 18-Dec-15 21:10:18

Did she write the measurement in your notes? If yes, she would have been able to see the previous measurement written down. I had fortnightly appointments with a consultant and his and the midwives measurements were never the same. It's better to go by the measurements from your own midwife for continuity.

ThePug Fri 18-Dec-15 22:12:39

OP (I know you from the March thread) - I had a routine growth scan today at 28+1. All of baby's measurements were between 44-55th centile and they confirmed I had a 'normal' amount of fluid. A midwife did my fundal height afterwards when I was waiting to see the consultants and she came up with a measurement of 25cm. The baby is exactly the right size for gestation and I have the right amount of fluid, so this just goes to show that the fundal measurement is not a very good indicator (or perhaps just not done very accurately).

cloudjumper Fri 18-Dec-15 23:57:44

Those tape measurements are SO inaccurate! Community midwife measured me at 38 cm last week, then hospital midwife came up with 43 cm yesterday! Everyone measures differently, and the position of the baby can apparently also make a big difference. I really wouldn't worry about it.

GoApeShit Sat 19-Dec-15 19:54:17

Another vote for the tape measurements being hideously inaccurate and not really telling us anything. I measured spot on at each midwife appointment with my last pregnancy and went on to produce a 10lb 5oz baby. Safe to say this was not expected by me or any of the midwives grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now