Talk

Advanced search

Early Scan

(6 Posts)
emmabrown123 Thu 17-Dec-15 20:14:01

Just wanted a few opinions/ bit of advice...

I'm 5+1 with baby number 2. I haven't had any real symptoms other than tiredness and in the last two days really strong AF type cramps. I also have some back pain but this pre dates being pregnant.

With baby number 1 I was pretty calm and chilled through the first 12 weeks, this time I just can't settle. Especially now with these cramps. I'm terrified all is not right.

I was considering paying for an early scan (at around 7 weeks) but wondering whether this will reassure me or just feed my worry. Anyone had / thinking of having an early scan and have any advice?

WineSpider Thu 17-Dec-15 20:17:14

If you can afford it then do it. Totally worth the peace of mind.

Moving15 Thu 17-Dec-15 20:17:49

I was referred by my gp for an early scan due to the same symptoms you describe and I had previous complicated pregnancies. I was 5 weeks pregnant. The baby was a blob with a heart. It was very reassuring and made me.feel much better and relaxed for a few weeks until my hormones wound me up into a state again! I would recommend you ask your gp to refer you and if that is not possible pay for the peace of mind x

LouLou030783 Thu 17-Dec-15 20:18:11

I had an early scan and it just made it worse as when I went first time they could only see yolk sac so I have to go back the week later when they found baby and heart beat but I feel had I not went for that scan I would never have gotten stressed out at all xx

emmabrown123 Thu 17-Dec-15 21:11:49

Thank you! I'm leaning towards getting one but trying to wait a bit longer so there is definitely something to see. There's a place near me that does them for £50 so not too pricey.

Also hoping Xmas might provide a bit of a distraction!!

guest2013 Fri 18-Dec-15 20:04:54

I totally understand what you're feeling.. I'm around 5 weeks pregnant, symptomless other than cramps and backache.. I too keep thinking that I was so cool and calm during my previous pregnancies but in all honesty, I can't remember.. I probably was this anxious but have forgotten!
I think we have to just think that at this stage it either will go wrong or won't, there's nothing anyone can do at this stage and you're pregnant until you see otherwise. I personally wouldn't go for early scanning, it could just make things worse, anxiety wise. Also, I'm trying to limit the time I spend pouring over threads on here as I'm finding that is feeding it!
Try to relax and enjoy Christmas. Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now