Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Good app or book for dad to be.

(9 Posts)
frikadela01 Thu 17-Dec-15 18:24:41

Hi I'm looking for an easy to read/humorous book to prepare the DP. He said today hes struggling to connect himself to the whole pregnant thing bless him so want something to help. I thought maybe an app too since I'm finding the pregnancy apps I have really useful but one from the dad's perspective might be good.

MoonlightandMusic Thu 17-Dec-15 22:02:25

Well, there is always the Haynes Manual fgrin

Congratulations too by the way!

Kelpie78 Thu 17-Dec-15 22:08:53

I got my husband commando dad (or similar title). He liked it.

Tanito279 Thu 17-Dec-15 22:09:06

Anything by Mark Woods. www.amazon.co.uk/Babies-Toddlers-Men-Newborn-Nursery/dp/1905410913 Absolutely fantastic for dads but I loved them as a mum. And there's a shortened version too.

peamad Fri 18-Dec-15 12:36:14

My DH is currently enjoying this www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/190541062X?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Fri 18-Dec-15 15:37:07

He might also like Stuart Heritage's weekly column for the Guardian on being a dad to a newborn. I'm fairly sure you can get the archive online. More after the baby is born than pregnancy but they're really good and funny

Whatapavlova Fri 18-Dec-15 15:53:55

I'd agree with Tanito's Mark Woods suggestion. My husband has his book 'pregnancy for men' and has said it's really good. He likes being able to read about each month and I like the little facts he comes out with and practical suggestions.

frikadela01 Fri 18-Dec-15 16:37:25

Thanks everyone ill look into these. smile

mellmumma Sat 19-Dec-15 09:08:07

Thanks for asking this OP! last minute extra xmas pressies purchased! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: