Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Small bump at 23 weeks

(9 Posts)
suffolkblonde29 Thu 17-Dec-15 07:26:48

Hi all,

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with DC1 and am a bit worried that my bump is too small. It's definitely there, but I could get away with not being pregnant if I wear loose tops and I just find it so hard to believe there's a baby in there that will be ready to be born in 4 months time! Everything was fine at the scan a few weeks ago though.

Did anyone else have a small bump till late on, but then have a healthy weight baby?

toohardtothinkofaname Thu 17-Dec-15 07:38:58

I still have a small bump & 37+5! He's measuring 1 day ahead on scans. Don't worry & just enjoy it flowers

honeysucklejasmine Thu 17-Dec-15 07:44:18

I still have a small bump at 30 weeks. Growth is sneaking over the 50th percentile line though so appearances can be deceiving.

tinyme135 Thu 17-Dec-15 07:45:37

I didn't really get a bump till I was 28 weeks and even then it was small. I'm now 36 weeks and can still fit into my normal tops. if there was any worry they would have said at the scan and when your next mw appointment is.

SweetTeaVodka Thu 17-Dec-15 09:27:00

I am acquainted with a woman who has had several pregnancies and even at term with each one you could hardly tell she was pregnant, but womb and baby were of expected size and all her DC were born healthy, it's just the way she carries them - all tucked up inside and back.

This is my second pregnancy and even knowing that bump size is no indication, I was worried that my bump was a bit small as at 23 weeks I can still comfortable lay on my front, with DC1 that was out of the equation really early on. But everything was fine at the scan, I asked my MW at my last appointment and she had a feel and says it all feels as it should. They should start fundal height measuring in the next appointment or so for you which will help reassure also.

But don't worry, it's just how some pregnancies are carried.

And ignore what random people say about bump size, both pregnancies I've been told both that I'm huge and that I'm tiny in the same day, people just say it for something to say I think.

brookeberry Thu 17-Dec-15 15:07:12

Hi Suffolk I'm 23 weeks too and you wouldn't really notice I'm pregnant. I had a bit of fat on my tummy and I don't think it looks that much different.

I like looking at pictures which really show you what's going on. Most of your uterus plus baby is inside your body pushing your organs up. Here's a pic at 23 weeks - lots going on inside, but not that much outside.

www.babycentre.co.uk/23-weeks-pregnant

FondantFancy66 Thu 17-Dec-15 15:14:24

I was tiny the whole way through two pregnancies. The midwives will tell you if they think there's a problem. On my due date with my first I could still fit (uncomfortably) into my regular jeans, baby was 6.5lbs. Second pregnancy I could easily wear non-maternity tops and gave birth to 6lb twins. That's 6lb each, not combined.

BingoBonkers Thu 17-Dec-15 16:35:16

With DC1 I was tiny bump wise for a long time. I had hardcore tummy muscles back then.

TheLittleLion Thu 17-Dec-15 19:09:08

I wouldn't worry. I'm pretty small and always expected that I'd be showing early and that my bump would be huge but it really wasn't. I could have got away with saying I wasn't pregnant until about 28 weeks and could still hide it with loose tops until about 30 weeks. Then all of a sudden at around 35w I got massive and this bump just appeared out of nowhere. DS was born a healthy weight (8lb2oz) and was a proper chunky looking newborn smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now