Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Braxton Hicks?

(6 Posts)
fairyfeatures Wed 16-Dec-15 14:09:18

37+1

For the past few days, once or twice a day, my belly has been going rock hard and extremely tense!! Borderline painful.
They were more regular through last night and today, probably has happened 5 or 6 times.

Is this what Braxton Hicks are?

Somebody tell me that this is definitely the beginning of labour and I will be holding baby by this time tomorrow? grin

maybebabybee Wed 16-Dec-15 14:10:46

Yes, that would be braxton hicks! Although I am not sure they are a sign of imminent labour as I am having them quite frequently at only 28+1 smile

BabyBNumberThree Wed 16-Dec-15 14:50:16

Yes, I've had them for weeks but really regularly,a few times a day for about a week now I'm 38+3. Braxton hicks aren't usually 'painful' but can be quite uncomfortable and can be alarming if your not used to them.

Fugghetaboutit Wed 16-Dec-15 14:59:42

I've had them from 20 weeks a few times a day but this is my second pregnancy. It's just your uterus practising for labour

Newlywed123 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:42:14

Just Braxton Hicks.. I'm 32 weeks and get them atleast 5 times a day with pressure, if the become regular than it'll be contractions smile

fairyfeatures Thu 17-Dec-15 04:56:25

Been having them roughly every half an hour since lunchtime yesterday but not painful exactly.
Don't know whether I should risk going into work today. You'd think the sleep deprivation would be enough to put me off wouldn't you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now