Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy anemia

(4 Posts)
Cnmorgan13 Wed 16-Dec-15 13:23:38

Had a call from the midwife that my 28 week bloods showed I was slightly anemic and has prescribed me iron pills. I checked and the mother and baby pills I've been taking (most days) has iron in it. I won't get a chance to pick it up before next week so can I just continue with my usual pills until then. Also, I take it I'll have to stop taking the mother and baby pills incase I get too much iron

Picklesauage Wed 16-Dec-15 16:08:16

I have been anaemic for all my pregnancies. I was told to keep taking my pregnacare ( it had iron in it already) and to take my iron tablets too. The iron in pregnacare is not that much and so fine to take with he rest. Be warned about constipation with the iron tablets though!

JennyC520 Wed 16-Dec-15 22:41:28

I got prescribed Iron Tabs too, but the bottle says take one a day only, but the doctors directions says take 2 a day! gah. what to do?!

Missingcaffeine Thu 17-Dec-15 21:32:27

If you're anaemic, you can have a lot more iron than the pregnancy tablets contain so you could quite safety take these and an extra one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now