Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No morning sickness?

(19 Posts)
Mslg Wed 16-Dec-15 10:58:33

Hello ladies,

I'm new to Mumsnet fsmile. Me and my bf decided to stop using contraception in October and left it up to the gods. I found out on Monday morning that I'm pregnant and going on the date of my last period I'm about 6 weeks. Thing is, I have no morning sickness really... I feel slightly queesy in the morning but can usually calm that down with some water or ginger tea. I've heard that morning sickness is a good sign of a healthy pregnancy and now I'm a little worried because I had a MC at 8 weeks 2 years ago when I was 28. So whilst I'm trying to stay calm and positive, I do have niggling feelings in the back of my mind that this will go wrong as well. I guess I'm just looking for a little reassurance!

My other symptoms are tender nipples and very mild cramping like period pain at night along with lower back pain. I've consulted Dr. Google on this (I know, I shouldn't!) and apparently that is ok. Have any of you ladies experienced the same as me?

Thank you x

Nicky333 Wed 16-Dec-15 11:02:02

I'm 17 weeks and have never had any morning sickness. Quite often people have said that it's only started at about 8 weeks for them, so I wouldn't worry about that part at all.

Inwaiting Wed 16-Dec-15 11:13:57

there's still time! hopefully you don't get it at all. mine started at 11 weeks....have good days and bad

redannie118 Wed 16-Dec-15 11:19:18

2 healthy pregnancies (now 13 and 17 years old !)with no morning sickness at all. Everyone is different , my midwife told me for every lady she saw with terrible ms she saw another lady with non at all. Honestly op its perfectly normal enjoy your pg and congrats flowers

Dinosaursdontgrowontrees Wed 16-Dec-15 11:26:49

I'm 30 weeks with my second pregnancy. I have not been sick or felt sick once through either pregnancy.

BondJayneBond Wed 16-Dec-15 11:28:55

I've got 2 DC's, and had absolutely no sickness or nausea in either pregnancy. My What to Expect When You're Expecting book said that about 75% of pregnant women get morning sickness, which means that 1 in 4 pregnant women don't get morning sickness. So not feeling sick is not anything to panic about!

DC1, other than being more tired than normal, the only pregnancy symptom I had was missing periods until he was big enough for me to feel him kicking.

Pretty much the same story with DC2, except with him I also noticed an improved sense of smell very early on.

HumTiddlyTum Wed 16-Dec-15 11:31:39

Long may it continue for you smile, I'm 22 weeks and still feeling awful.

Thunderblunder Wed 16-Dec-15 11:33:02

I've had 5 pregnancies go full term and not one bit of nausea or sickness.
My pregnancy that ended in a m/c at 13 weeks is the only one that I have been ill with and even then that was nausea rather than actually being sick.

Junosmum Wed 16-Dec-15 11:57:59

Around 80% of people have noticeable symptoms, including nausea by 8 weeks. Some people get few/ none, some get loads. Try not to worry!

GreenTomatoJam Wed 16-Dec-15 12:03:30

I didn't have any morning sickness with either of mine - and they're now two very healthy little boys, so I really wouldn't worry.

ayria Wed 16-Dec-15 12:24:33

I didn't have morning sickness until about 7ish weeks with my first which was constant. With this pregnancy it, thankfully, seems to be a bit more on/off and different times of the day. Mainly at night now when I want to sleep! Morning sickness is different for everyone with each pregnancy.

dizzylemon Wed 16-Dec-15 12:34:53

I had mild nausea in patches throughout the day from about week 6 till about week 10, and that was it. 24 weeks now and doing fine.

MusicalFanjo Wed 16-Dec-15 12:45:26

As above morning sickness whilst a very common pregnancy symptom isn't guaranteed for everyone. Some lucky buggers never suffer from it all. Some have very patchy, very mild nausea and some have full blown HG like me. Really what I'm saying is everyone and every pregnancy is different and you can't tell wether a pregnancy is viable or not by the amount of symptoms you may or may not have.

My sickness kicked in at about 6/7 weeks with DC1 and hung around until birth. Sickness started at about 6 weeks DC2 and lasted until two days after the birth hmm My SIL? Well she didn't so much as have a wave of nausea throughout with both my niece and nephew.

I've also had my fair share of miscarriages before and between my DC and I found adopting the 'no blood no worry' way of thinking really helpful. I'm sure I would have worried myself silly over every cramp and twinge otherwise.

Try not to worry OP. Congratulations and good luck.

Mslg Wed 16-Dec-15 12:58:11

Thanks everyone for your kind support. Musical, I am thinking along the same mantra 'no blood, no worries'. Reassuring to hear other ladies haven't been having MS either. Will keep you guys posted over the next few weeks if things change smile

PrincessPunzie Wed 16-Dec-15 13:08:20

No real sickness here either, just a bit of nausea on a few occasions. Almost everyone I've spoken to in real life who's had a baby has told me they had little or no morning sickness either. It seems to be far less prevalent than perhaps the internet would make you think.

ruthsmumkath Wed 16-Dec-15 14:14:13

Had 7 pregnancies (only 4 to term sad) never felt even slightly nauseous once - my identically twin has had terrible ms on several pregnancies.

Had sore nipples a couple of times, and a slight metallic taste for a week with No1. Otherwise just got fat.

Trenzalor Wed 16-Dec-15 14:28:39

I never got morning sickness and neither did my mum or aunts. Some of us are just lucky!

Pregnant2829 Wed 16-Dec-15 20:29:57

I never got morning sickness either, just nausea which didn't even last long. I thought there was something wrong with me but after I looked it up I was glad to see I was not alone in not having morning sickness. I've also not had any cravings really. 29 weeks now with a baby girl 😀

londonrach Wed 16-Dec-15 20:37:45

7 weeks and no symptoms...no sore breasts, no sickness nothing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now