Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Supportive swimwear for aqua natal - does it exist?

(11 Posts)
mummyagainin2016 Wed 16-Dec-15 10:10:43

My boobs are now an E cup and growing and my current maternity swimming cossie has zero bust support and the shoulder straps don't even adjust. Where can I find something more supportive as aqua natal isn't very comfy at the moment due to boobs bouncing around so much. Thanks!

Kaytee1987 Wed 16-Dec-15 11:53:06

Will be interested to see the answers. Am 32G just now (bras actually feel a bit tight) and really don't think I will be able to proper bra sized maternity swimwear.
8+3

centurylooser Wed 16-Dec-15 11:56:43

Just wear your bra under your cossie.

kaymondo Wed 16-Dec-15 12:08:56

Yes, just wear sports bra under your costume. That's what was recommended for the aquanatal class I did years ago.

KatharinaRosalie Wed 16-Dec-15 12:16:13

or get a bra sized bikini

mummyagainin2016 Wed 16-Dec-15 12:33:03

Bra under my cossie would look ridiculous. I wouldn't be comfy with that. The only sports bra that fits me now is a muscle back crop top kind and my maternity swimming costume has a deep plunge v neck and padded cups.
I'll look at bra sized bikinis. Some cheap ones on Asos Mix and Match. Thanks

kaymondo Wed 16-Dec-15 18:07:02

Well it's up to you but if it were me I'd be inclined to buy a normal style maternity swim suit that you wouldn't feel silly wearing a bra under, I just think you're really going to struggle getting the appropriate level of support from a swim suit alone if your aquanatal classes are anything like as bouncy as mine were! grin

oneangrydwarf Wed 16-Dec-15 18:11:05

Alternative idea, I too went up to a F cup whist pregnant and did not buy anything maternity, just a decent sports style tankini with the inbuilt crop top bit in the vest. Gives decent support and room for even the biggest bump so long as you dont mind some belly exposure. I was still swimming comfortably in it at term.

emma85x Thu 17-Dec-15 23:36:02

Bravissimo. They're excellent!

Kaytee1987 Fri 18-Dec-15 10:49:35

Emma I've had a look at bravissimo and didn't think they do maternity swimwear?

TriJo Fri 18-Dec-15 22:47:24

Try something like the Freya Sport bikini - it should have better support.

I'm up to a 32HH-J at 26+5, only did my last session with my tri club this week and have just been wearing a standard Speedo Endurance one-piece 2-3 sizes bigger than what I would normally wear (I normally wear a 32 or 34, my current one is a 38).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now