Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bad back

(4 Posts)
GoTheDistance Wed 16-Dec-15 08:32:20

As a result of all day morning sickness, I have pulled a muscle in my back.

I suffer with a bad back and normally take the stronger dose of cocodamol, ibuprofen and use deep heat...I've been taking paracetamol and using a hot water bottle instead which seems to be ok when I'm resting but then every time I'm sick (anywhere between 3 and 10+ times per day) it is agony...can anyone suggest any remedies I can try during pregnancy? I am waiting on a callback from doctor but, from previous experience, it will probably be hours before I hear anything!

cloudjumper Wed 16-Dec-15 09:54:33

You might not want to do this if you are feeling really ill, but I found that having a bath does wonders for any muscle strains... Just make sure it's not too hot.
If you have a birthing ball, sitting on that with gentle movements can also really help with an aching back.

Poor you, hope the doctor rings back soon!

GoTheDistance Wed 16-Dec-15 15:26:53

Thank you cloud, tried a bath and it was fantastic...not back to normal but much better! Doctor has said to give it a couple more days and if I'm still struggling then they will consider prescribing some stronger painkillers...hopefully it won't take a couple of days to get better!

Frank85 Wed 16-Dec-15 21:40:51

I got a pregnancy belt, my back was agony and it really helped support my lower back and bump
Can't believe how much it helped!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now