Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

high blood pressure at 11 weeks

(3 Posts)
Mar19901 Tue 15-Dec-15 21:32:05

Hi

This is my first pregnancy and I am now 11 weeks pregnant. At the beginning of my pregnancy when I went to the doctors to confirm my positive test he checked my blood pressure and said it was perfect and referred me to the midwife. At my first antenatal appointment the midwife checked and said my bp was really good. However last week when I was 10 weeks I went to the gp with a throat infection and he checked my bp at it was 163/90 and my heart rate was 115 and the doctor said that was high and he told me to go in again today to get checked as I'm not due to see my midwife until next Tuesday. When he checked today it was 161/83 and he said it was still high. Has anyone been in a similar situation and should I be worried. I have been on the Internet and they say high blood pressure normally occurs after twenty weeks but I feel super stressed now as I'm only 11 weeks and the blood pressure doesn't seem normal? I'm sorry for long post just wanted some advice thank u

YeOldeTrout Tue 15-Dec-15 21:39:57

dehydrated??

Jellybean100 Wed 16-Dec-15 06:12:09

Some people get high blood pressure (pregnancy induced hypertension) and it is not related to pre eclampsia. They will monitor you and may start you on medication. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now