Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not sure if I have miscarried...

(8 Posts)
ldelly30 Tue 15-Dec-15 15:24:35

Hi

I am currently 6 weeks pregnant, unfortunately though I am showing signs of miscarriage. I had a scan a week ago and baby has a heart beat and the yolk sac is properly formed, since then though I have passed more blood, had some cramps with lower back pain, and more worrying yesterday I appear to have passed some endometrial lining. I have been to see my doctor since who has said its impossible to tell if I have miscarried until I have another scan this Thursday. I suppose what I was wondering is if anyone else had experienced similar symptoms and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? I was also wondering if all of the endometrial layer is used during pregnancy or is it just the part where the embryo implants?

Any help appreciated....I'm very anxious.

Thanks

Bleats Tue 15-Dec-15 19:26:39

Hello Idelly

I didn't want to leave you without any response. If you are really concerned don't wait for the doctor on Thursday but seek out your early pregnancy unit who will be able to see you on the day. I am hoping for the best for you Nx

LuckyinOctober Tue 15-Dec-15 19:34:30

I recently had a miscarriage when between 6-7 weeks pregnant. My experience was that the Early Pregnancy Unit were brilliant, and I didn't actually see my GP during the pregnancy or after at all. The EPU did 48 hour blood tests for me which allowed us to assess the trend in my HCG levels during my bleed, which went down and confirmed I was miscarrying. Personally I found it containing to know what was going on with my body and to have expert advice, and think I would have been very stressed if left watching and waiting with GP advice only. There may be other ladies who have had healthy pregnancies after bleeding who can share their stories with you, but the only way to know for sure what's going on will be to see the EPU.

seven201 Tue 15-Dec-15 19:42:00

It might be that the op is booked into the epu for the scan on Thursday. The epu near me has a wait of 2 or 3 days for scans after bleeding and you have do it all through the gp. If that's the case and you really can't wait anymore, perhaps it's worth considering a private scan tomorrow? Sorry I have no words of wisdom as I simply don't know the answer. Hope it's all ok x

YerTiz Tue 15-Dec-15 19:48:48

It's horrible waiting ldelly30 flowers

I had bleeding and (mild) cramps in my first pregnancy and all was fine. Had bleeding and more severe cramps in my 2nd pregnancy and it was a miscarriage at 6 weeks.

Definitely call you EPU if you're worried and want some more advice before Thursday. Wishing you all the best.

ldelly30 Wed 16-Dec-15 13:16:33

Thank you for the advice and support. I had a scan at the EPU last Thursday and although I was bleeding they could see that my embryo was forming and we saw a heartbeat. The reason I am having another scan is that the bleeding has worsened. They like to leave a week between scans at my EPU. I think I will definitely enquire about the blood tests to monitor HCG levels. Fingers and toes are crossed.

LuckyinOctober Wed 16-Dec-15 23:30:27

Let us know how you get on flowers I can get the logic of leaving a week between scans but given you're worried blood tests might give you a faster idea of what's going on. Are you still bleeding? It seems very postcode dependent in terms of how services work and what standard practice is unfortunately, that's something that has surprised me about pregnancy.

TheGreaterGood Thu 17-Dec-15 14:24:08

OP - I have been in a very similar situation recently - bleeding and pains from 5 weeks. I had a scan at 6+2 and was astounded to see a heartbeat. I've had 3 previous MCs and had never before seen a heartbeat on a scan. The bleeding and pain continued and I had another scan at 7+2. And everything was still OK. The bleeding stopped shortly after that and I am now 10+1. I really wish the best for you. Obviously there are no guarantees, but I hope my story gives you some hope! flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now