Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I the only one

(15 Posts)
sepa Tue 15-Dec-15 11:09:26

Who doesn't have a baby movement pattern established? I will be 28 weeks on Friday and I unlike most there is no guarantee that the baby will kick at roughly the same time each day. I have an anterior placenta which I know muffles movement and I can feel movement throughout the day but this can be a lot of movement for a couple of days then nothing for hours.
I have kicks that I can only feel on the inside and kicks that I can only feel on the outside.

Does anyone else have this? It constantly has me worried even though I know I don't have an established kicking pattern

Panther79 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:31:51

Hello!

I have the same pattern as you; some days I have lots of activities at different times as if the baby is having a wild disco party in there and some days it's super quiet for hours but there are movements mostly by the end of the day.

It constantly worries me as well being my first pregnancy.
I don't know the solution but just want you to know that you aren't the only one and it is worrying. I am 30 weeks this week.

sepa Tue 15-Dec-15 11:46:43

I'm just glad I have midwife on Thursday to hear the heartbeat and then my appointments go to 3 weeks apart!

I think because I have had 2 weeks off work I can feel the baby more often which is meaning that I'm not noticing as much maybe in the evening.

This is also my first pregnancy and never imagined that it would be the worry that it is!

tinyme135 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:50:45

I'm exactly the same. it makes me feel like i don't know my own baby. the past few nights he kicks like crazy but last night he didn't kick half as much as he does just kept hiccupping. I'm 36 weeks

mmmuffins Tue 15-Dec-15 11:55:40

I am 35+4 and have never recognized a pattern in my baby's movements.

She has periods of movement every day, so I don't worry about it in the slightest.

Junosmum Tue 15-Dec-15 13:08:29

I have a pattern of no pattern and I'm 35 weeks. Never really had a pattern, I usually get some morning, afternoon and evening but it changes on a daily basis! I've spoken to midwife who says it's fine as this is my pattern now!

NHKX2 Tue 15-Dec-15 14:09:38

I'm 34+5 and my baby's pattern is "sporadic but regular". I haven't mapped the movements for actual patterns, but they're frequent enough that I'm confident she's just fine. If she went quite for a good chunk of the day I'd be on alert, though.

RainWildsGirl Tue 15-Dec-15 14:34:35

35 weeks and my baby has quiet days and mad crazy days. however I do always get movement around 10.30pm just as I get into bed (I don't think baby likes me balancing my large book on top of it!)

on quiet days I try and have some time just to sit and feel - no tv, no music, just a chocolate bar and some ice cold drink and this will usually get baby going a bit to reassure me.

there is no pattern at all in the days - no two are the same!!

SweepTheHalls Tue 15-Dec-15 14:37:49

My placenta is anterior too, and at 38 weeks I still don't have regular movements, she's ever so sporadic!
If you worry though, then always ring your midwife, I have been in a couple of times for reduced movements, always fine with really understanding midwives.

CarShare Tue 15-Dec-15 17:57:38

Exactly the same, anterior placenta and no pattern that I can distinguish. Am 33 weeks. I went in to hospital for reduced movements last week as I hadn't felt her all day. She's quieter if I'm ill or tired and on the day I had the whooping cough jab (although could be total coincidence).
Midwives were brilliant when I went in, she took a while to get going but eventually registered kicks on the trace.
I think with anterior placenta I have to really concentrate to feel the kicks on the front so I notice her more in the evenings when I'm relaxed and have the chance to focus on her.

gemsparkle84 Tue 15-Dec-15 18:40:19

I have recently downloaded the 'count the kicks' app. You may find it useful. Have you tried laying on your back/ side to encourage movement? Usually works for me. Plus a good dose of sugar ie; a drink or a few choccie biscuits.

YeOldeTrout Tue 15-Dec-15 19:28:58

Are they supposed to have patterns? I think mine missed that memo.

goodnightdarthvader1 Tue 15-Dec-15 20:35:08

Same here! I keep wondering if I should worry.

sepa Tue 15-Dec-15 23:06:10

I ended up in hospital just now to thinking I had reduced movements along side pain in the pelvic area. The midwife said that the baby is fine and because of the placenta isn't surprised by not being able to feel as much even though I am days away from 28 weeks.
I feel a lot better now but I just don't think feeling better will last long as I have full blown pregnancy paranoia

SweepTheHalls Wed 16-Dec-15 07:21:34

Do not worry about going in if you are worried. Always better to be told all is well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now