Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I would like some advise please

(6 Posts)
pregnantat50 Tue 15-Dec-15 10:14:52

I am 50 and up until 2 months ago my cycle was as regular as clockwork. I am in a relationship and we accidentally had unprotected sex 4 weeks ago. ( to be honest I thought becoming pregnant was unlikely at my age and we had a few drinks too many and well....i just didnt think it was a risk. I am 50!) Anyway, I have done 2 pregnancy tests, both negative, so I assume I am not pregnant, but I am sick every day, I have gone off coffee, both the smell and the taste, I am plagued with cystitis and mood swings, my breasts are agony and still no period....is this the change or should I do another test to be sure?

Daffodil90 Tue 15-Dec-15 10:49:11

It could be either by the sounds of it (although as it's been a month since unprotected sex I'm leaning toward it being symptoms of the change), I would do another test in about a week as if you are pregnant then the hormone level tested will have increased and the time elapsed since conception will definitely be long enough to show up.
Hope you get the result you're looking for smile

tinyme135 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:01:11

I'd say it's the change but I had a pregnancy test done when I was 4 weeks gone and it came up negative. it took till I was 10 weeks for me to find out.

sepa Tue 15-Dec-15 11:13:05

I had a very faint test at 5 weeks so it is possible that you would have a negative. However, my mum is going through menopause and symptoms sound similar to what you have described (which is also similar to pregnancy)

I would say either test again or go to drs and get a blood test as they can test for menopause and pregnancy

pregnantat50 Tue 15-Dec-15 13:26:49

Hi

Thanks for the replies, I am also bleeding a little in my urine, and have a lower abdominal pain, I think a visit to my GP is in order, its just a coincidence that its the only time I have had unprotected sex and then I start the menopause. Unless I am pregnant sad

x

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Tue 15-Dec-15 13:38:10

Urinary tract infection or an STD might also be possible ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now