Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Almost constant Braxton hicks?

(4 Posts)
spnfan Tue 15-Dec-15 09:07:57

I'm 38+4 and I'm having Braxton hicks almost constantly. Have been for the last day or so.

They're not painful but can be uncomfortable. Is this to be expected between now & due date??

(Secretly hoping it's a sign of labour!)

grin

BexusSugarush Tue 15-Dec-15 10:15:04

I am in the exact same position as you! I've also been having nausea, mild backache, period-like cramps - I'm putting it down to being in the latent phase of labour. I read earlier than some people do get nothing but mild, painless contractions until almost fully dilated! That was worrying to read at this point! However, I've been told that once they are 5 minutes apart, lasting a minute or more, and when I'm having trouble talking through them, then it's time to call the hospital. Best of luck to us!

spnfan Tue 15-Dec-15 10:36:43

I would LOVE to find out BH are causing me to dilate! Can skip half the pain then!

Sadly for me I've not been getting any other signs of labour. sad

Good luck to you though - that all sounds very positive!! grin

TeamSteady Tue 15-Dec-15 11:31:30

I was 3cm with ds1 without only mild tightenings and 2cm without any with ds2.

I only knew because with DS1 i had gone into be induced (39weeks for medical reasons). And with DS2 i had no idea i was at all dilated until they decided they wanted to induce me again (again 39w) - completely unrelated medical issue, different to the first time. They went to do a sweep and i was already 2cm!

... sadly labour did not continue in such a non painful manner... however if i hadn't been prodded and poked and then given the full works induction wise, then i reckon i would have gotten a little further without much pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now