Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

light tightening sensation

(9 Posts)
tinyme135 Sun 13-Dec-15 22:56:00

basically what the title says. I'm 36 weeks and I keep getting light tightening sensation, lower back pain and mild period style cramping. I'm also feeling very sick and lost my appetite. LO has slowed down and when he does move it's very painful.

I'm hoping it's just BH but would like to know what you all think. first time mum so all of this is new to me.

bittapitta Sun 13-Dec-15 23:06:38

If you are sure LO movements have changed please call the midwife and ask to come in for monitoring.

tinyme135 Sun 13-Dec-15 23:08:26

his kicks don't seem as powerful but when he does kick it really hurts.

I'm also tight pains on my sides too.

bittapitta Sun 13-Dec-15 23:10:48

If it's actually painful then do call your midwife for advice. Is it pain or just mega uncomfortable? I find the wriggling really uncomfy sometimes but not in pain as such. BH aren't painful either.

tinyme135 Sun 13-Dec-15 23:14:00

it feels like I'm being scratched on the inside. I keep getting them every 10-15 minutes and every time it happens my back aches more

bittapitta Sun 13-Dec-15 23:16:29

Have you called the midwife for advice? The delivery suite number will be on your notes. You can call them any time.

tinyme135 Sun 13-Dec-15 23:18:05

no not yet. I'm trying to time the pain for the next hour and if it carries on then I'm going to phone them. I've got a feeling it's BH but like people have said you can't be too sure.

tinyme135 Mon 14-Dec-15 07:05:47

the pain at the front has eased but still getting bad backache so gonna phone maternity and see what they think

tinyme135 Tue 15-Dec-15 11:57:42

I phoned the midwife and she said it's normal. this morning I woke up with a horrible wet patch which was also dark and stringy. thinking this is my mucus plug I phoned them up and she went nope it's fine so don't worry. I feel like I was fobbed off a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now