Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

41 weeks.. Will my baby ever arrive?!

(11 Posts)
ccoleman90 Sun 13-Dec-15 22:15:20

I'm 41 weeks today and feeling so fed up. I felt so positive on Friday after having my second sweep. MW said I was 1-2cm dialated and she could feel babies head. Went home and after a few hours had what I thought was my plug, in two bits. Spent all night with horrible cramps and back ache and was convinced that was the start of it. Woke up feeling nothing, and now apart from the odd cramp and a lot of pressure down below I don't feel anything! Desperate not to be induced on Friday 😩

lemon101 Sun 13-Dec-15 22:37:03

Oh I feel your pain! Also 41 weeks today and spent the last 2 days in a foul mood/crying because I just want to have this baby now. I've had one sweep that did nothing and now feel like this baby will never arrive. Booked for induction on the 19th. No words of wisdom I'm afraid - but I totally understand how you feel!

RevsDeCub Sun 13-Dec-15 22:41:11

Don't worry, my baby is 12 weeks today. I went into labour at 41+1 & had him at 41+3 (I was booked in for induction at 4pm & he came at 4.41pm).
It might happen without an induction like me but I have heard lots of positive induction stories. It's not nessersarily quicker or less painful going into spontaneous labour. Try not to worry - easier said then done but it's pretty fresh in my mind.
Pretty soon you will be holding your baby. Good luck!! & come back & let us know 😊

AvaCrowder Sun 13-Dec-15 22:41:19

The hospital were happy with me going to 43 weeks, with my third. He turned up before that thank fuck.

Come on baby!

learnermummy Sun 13-Dec-15 22:48:47

Fingers crossed for you, cramps sound positive. My second was 42+2, but came in under 2 hrs once he'd decided enough was enough!

Fuckitfay Sun 13-Dec-15 22:50:49

Hang on in there my baby came at 18 days overdue!

ccoleman90 Mon 14-Dec-15 15:02:44

Thanks for all the positive messages! It's just annoying that all you ever hear are the bad stories. A friend of mine spent three days contracting before going into proper labour after being induced, then had an emergency c section because she was exhausted after so long in labour. I just want this baby out of me as naturally as possible!

Freezingwinter Mon 14-Dec-15 15:04:19

Do you have a birthing ball? Try bouncing and staying upright as much as possible. Are you to have another sweep before you are induced? You could try inhaling clary sage oil too. Raspberry leaf tea?

ccoleman90 Mon 14-Dec-15 20:32:09

Yep, I've been bouncing and swaying away all the time, as well as spending as much time pottering around the house trying to keep as active as possible! I've had two sweeps now so sadly that's it until I'm induced.

Arabgirl Mon 14-Dec-15 20:39:24

Hi, I had both my babies late! First at 42 weeks and second at 43 + 1, am sending you positive vibes!

I'm researching post-term pregnancy - so if there are any mums out there who had a baby post 42 weeks in the past three years, please can you fill in my short survey?

goo.gl/forms/vSFr4yzVeE

It would be very much appreciated and I aim to bring light to the topic of longer pregnancies. Thanks and best wishes,

Magda

Fuckitfay Mon 14-Dec-15 22:14:59

You don't have to be induced! Ask about NICe guidance if you decline and decide to wait a few more days - you can have daily heartbeat monitoring and a scan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now