Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy on implant...???

(5 Posts)
SarahJanedifiori1986 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:11:40

Hi im 29 wiv 2 boys aged 9 n 4... bth bad pregnancys n very dangerous births ( for the boys as there was a complication with both) plus had 4 miscarriages... so thought having the implant would be the right choice for me n my partner. 1st implant i had was bk in 2006 after having my 1st child which i had removed soon after as suffered miscarrage... 2nd implant i had after my youngest in 2011 which then ran out leading to me having my 3rd inplant inserted ( the one thats in now) ive suffered 4 water infections this yr alone some been very nasty so awaiting on gyno tests been done.. jst recently finished some antibiotics which r the only ones where my doc has said use extra protection whilst on them as it interferes with the implant... anyway at the end of my antibiotics me n my partner made out wivout using anything... since last week i hav become very tired, been feelin sick n had cronic heartburn more than once a day!! Scared to do a test tho as me n my partner really dont want anymore due to bad experiences we hav had.. what do i do 😢😢😢

seven201 Sun 13-Dec-15 18:25:38

The only way to find out is to take a test: be brave.

Flybynight1 Mon 14-Dec-15 20:31:42

Which implant are you on? I was under the impression that the Implanon one isn't affected by antibiotics. But ultimately only a test will tell you!

Misskatie123456 Tue 15-Dec-15 12:20:58

I got pregnant on the implant. I sadly had a miscarriage though. It can happen xx

DinoSnores Tue 15-Dec-15 13:59:10

Will antibiotics stop my contraception working?

The NHS advises using extra contraception for 28 days after stopping rifampicin or rifabutin, as well as while you are taking them.

Even without antibiotics, no contraception is 100%. Taking a test is the only way to find out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now