Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

So worried about an MMC just a little reassurance please??

(14 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Sun 13-Dec-15 00:53:20

Hi all 1st timer here and I'm so worried.
Untill I got pregnant I thought a miscarridge was painful and you bleed, however since researching pregnancy I saw about a missed miscarridge! This has really frightened me.
I am currently around 8 weeks and have been treated with antibiotics for BV. Other than this I have had no other concerns e.g. cramping or spotting and have had soar boobs and sickness however my boobs have started to feel more normal again now and I'm not as nauseous as I have been.
I read that your symptoms subsiding is not good :-( I'm so so worried
My midwife appointment is on Thursday so will ask then but just a little advice or reassurance would be great xxx

Coraltee123 Sun 13-Dec-15 01:08:58

I've had a mmc with a blighted ovum. I'm pregnant now and worry about it happening again. Symptoms do come and go and when I had my mmc my symptoms didn't weaken only got worse. If it's going to happen it will happen. But it just seems to me like your just having a normal pregnancy don't worry!. Usually with a mmc your hormones are high so sickness is usually worse. Try not to worry too much and don't look up miscarriages anymore it will just make it worse xxx

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 13-Dec-15 09:26:55

The first 12 weeks is constant worry ime. Everybody told me not to worry etc but it made no difference at all. My only advice (and it's not advice I managed to follow!) is to stop googling and look after yourself. Try and trust your body. It's really hard, and mmc happen, but that doesn't mean that you'll have one! If you really can't settle maybe book a private reassurance scan for 10
weeks? They're about £80-100 xxxx

lemon101 Sun 13-Dec-15 09:32:09

It is a horrible worry and I think something that a lot of ladies worry about (I did). I was a mess the day of my first scan, convinced that I was going to get bad news. As pp said, stay off Google, remember that bad experiences are over represented on sites like these as this is where ladies turn to for some support and hang on in there. If it is not meant to happen and it is a mmc then there is nothing you could have done - but chances are that everything will be totally fine!

MizK Sun 13-Dec-15 09:34:51

I had an mmc and I definitely had bleeding, it was just very light and faint. And i absolutely knew something was wrong. It doesnt sound like you have anything to be concerned about - everyone's first 12 weeks are different, so don't fret over this if you can help it. There are so many scary stories and potential problems with any stage of pregnancy that it can be really frightening but in reality most people are fine and reading up on things that can go wrong is only going to stop you enjoying your pregnancy. I would just try to eat well, rest and maybe stop googling!

sparechange Sun 13-Dec-15 09:47:15

It's normal for nausea to subside between 8-10 weeks, as that is when HCG levels start to drop, so don't worry about that...

CityMole Sun 13-Dec-15 09:57:51

Yea, try to stay off google. You'll drive yourself mad and will have nine months of stress and worry. To a large degree, what will be will be, and while that is kind of scary in itself, as your pregnancy goes on you will learn to confront and deal with things as (if) they happen, not when they don't. I'm sure your midwife will reassure you on Thursday. smile

Selinemaratima Sun 13-Dec-15 10:33:18

I am currently 7weeks pregnant, I had a miscarriage at 6weeks pregnant in July, this will be our DC3. I don't know if this resonates with anyone but with the MC I didn't have 'normal for me' pregnancy symptoms. I just felt very bloated, no nausea or sore boobs/nipples. It's like it wasn't real. When I started bleeding, I literally just wiped and there was blood, no other symptoms, it was then like a very heavy period which lasted over a week (normal period is 4/5 days) and I just felt rotten but sure that was more sadness than pain IYKWIM. With this pregnancy I am very nauseous and tired and have sore boobs, all things I had with DD5 and DS3, it feels real. Although im thinking about this one so much more, honestly every time I go to the loo I breathe a sigh of relief that's there's no blood, and I can't relax into the idea of being pregnant as I feel that it may not last which is horrible to think like that isn't it. The MC makes me feel this one is so precious and delicate, I'm much more careful and cautious than I was with my first two babies/pregnancies. I'm not googling anything, it will drive me mad, I'm just grateful and lucky and blessed and at the end of each day I feel so happy that we're all still here IYKWIM, it's a mini rollercoaster. Although I'm shattered I'm really grateful to be running around after my other two, school run, Xmas prepping etc as if this was my first I would just over-think everything and worry too much. It's good to try and keep busy
Lots of love to you OP x

Whatdoidohelp Sun 13-Dec-15 10:35:21

Symptoms come and go so don't worry about that. Is there somewhere near you that does early pregnancy scanning. You can usually get a reassurance scan for around 70 quid. It will likely be internal though if it's prior to 10 weeks.

bippitybopityboo Sun 13-Dec-15 11:33:15

Just one HUGE thankyou to you lovely lot!! You have made me feel so much better. What will be will be and I will just have to wait and see. We are considering an early scan though :-) thankyou so much for your kind words and reassurance it's what I needed xxxxxx

Champagneformyrealfriends Sun 13-Dec-15 11:56:43

smile I'm glad you feel better bippity! Early pregnancy is a really lovely time but also very frightening in a lot of ways. I'm 23 weeks now and I honestly feel so much calmer. Try and enjoy it xxx

Maxfell2008 Mon 14-Dec-15 11:41:22

hey, i am 5 weeks today and i have spotting thursday night and then friday is was a tiny bit heavier, probably incl. discharge (sorry tmi), so made to look worse than it was....

My 'symptoms' seemed to diminish wednesday/thursday/friday, but i was sick at the weekend, and now my boobs are so painful, am exhausted, and my back is starting to ache and the light cramping it back.

I have to wait till 22nd to see my first midwife appt.

Dreading it if im honest.

xxxx

Cnmorgan13 Mon 14-Dec-15 14:25:10

I wasted a lot of my early pregnancy stressing about miscarriage and mms etc. I just tried to keep telling myself, if it happens, it happens. Nothing I can do to stop it. or worry when there is something to worry about. This seemed to give me the shake I needed to start enjoying my pregnancy

bippitybopityboo Mon 14-Dec-15 15:58:01

I'm just a nervous wreck and can not stop worrying. The mums who have had a mmc I feel so so sad for I can not imagine going through that. The thought is just so scary just not knowing I can't wait for my scan hopefully next month!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now