Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this heartburn? I can only feel it in my throat

(9 Posts)
maybebabybee Sat 12-Dec-15 17:37:11

Am 27+4 and for the past few weeks have been getting what I assume is heartburn - acidic feeling in throat when I eat and horrid bile. But everything I've read about heartburn lists pain in your chest. I've had none of that - I feel it in my throat only.

Is this heartburn or possibly something else? It doesn't bother me massively but it's annoying!

bazingasheldon Sat 12-Dec-15 17:42:50

Sounds like heartburn to me. I never had any pain when I used to suffer from it, just the acidic, sickly feeling in the throat. I used to get it so bad sometimes that it would acutally make me sick.

toohardtothinkofaname Sat 12-Dec-15 17:50:14

Mine feels like a burning pea at the bottom of my throat!

mellowyellow1 Sat 12-Dec-15 17:50:38

Yeah I have this too. Just feels like a burning pain in the throat. Try a few spoons of gaviscon before bed. Tastes pretty horrible though!

DifferentCats Sat 12-Dec-15 18:01:18

It's acid coming up from your stomach. It's caused by your stomach being pushed higher into your chest. Gaviscon is your friend.

BeeMyBaby Sat 12-Dec-15 18:02:44

Yes, heartburn - I get this most nights but when it gets really bad I very occasionally sick up the acid in my mouth confused I got the mw to prescribe me peptac which lets me sleep at night.

IndomitabIe Sat 12-Dec-15 18:17:09

Hey maybe, I get this occasionally. (More so with DS). I can't stand the texture of gaviscon so stick to the fruity rennies!

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 12-Dec-15 20:37:17

That's heartburn/indigestion. I'm really suffering too. Went to the supermarket with DH today and paid for my gaviscon then immediately started swigging it from the bottle by the till. I am crazy pregnant lady blush

HollyJenni Sun 13-Dec-15 22:25:43

I'm 7 weeks and can't bread because it gives me the same...... So weird.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now