Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

29 weeks, impetigo and just feeling sad.

(5 Posts)
Loc13 Fri 11-Dec-15 02:10:23

Hi this is my first post and I just needed to generally rant and hear any advice anyone could give me. I've had about a month of anxiety and mild depression for no particular reason. Just scared and worried about anything and everything! I've been missing work a lot and just staying in bed sleeping then feeling horribly guilty all the time for feeling like this. Then just as I feel I was pulling myself out of my low mood and returned to work I have been diagnosed with impetigo. I work in a school so I think I caught it there. I have a horrible sore/blisters on my face. I've had to chuck my husband out of the bedroom which I hate but I don't want him to catch it and pass it back to me. I feel like a complete leper and I know this is vain but I just look awful now. Plus I am so paranoid about keeping clean and getting rid of this impetigo it's driving me insane. On antibiotics now so hoping it will clear up very soon especially before Christmas. I suffered really bad hyperemesis at the start of pregnancy up to 20 weeks and was hospitalised twice. Feel like I haven't enjoyed my pregnancy at all and I feel terribly guilty because it's all I've ever wanted and deep down I couldn't be happier. I just can't shake the black cloud hanging over me. Thanks for listening xxx

April2013 Fri 11-Dec-15 07:04:39

Poor you, hope the antibiotics fix it soon. I am 24 weeks and I'm hoping that all the crap in the first half of this pregnancy is now over, had problems which now miraculously seem to have been fixed with drugs. When the impetigo has gone hopefully you will be able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy a bit more - I'm hoping the second half is going to be a lot easier and less dramatic. Tbh i dont really think I am the type to enjoy pregnancy though - that phrase 'enjoy pregnancy' doesn't sound right to me! I just want to get to the end! It is very common to feel anxious in pregnancy but if you feel it is affecting you more than it should maybe you should try get some help with it? I struggled with it through my first pregnancy, I thought after the birth I would be better as I would no longer be pregnant but it intensified really so it makes sense to get some help sooner rather than later. You can often self refer to your local mental health service or go via gp or midwife I think. Hope you feel better soon.

Loc13 Fri 11-Dec-15 17:12:31

Thanks for your reply and your kind words. I think sometimes with your first it can all just seem a bit overwhelming and severe sickness and contagious diseases don't help! Feeling a bit better today but no signs of improvement with the impetigo. Back to Drs on Monday. Have a great weekend xxx

CarrieLouise25 Fri 11-Dec-15 20:38:00

So sorry to hear you're having a hard time.

I'm 29 weeks also, and had the same evil sickness for 5 months. Not too bad at the moment, but I have awful SPD, and I just don't do pregnancy well.

I've never enjoyed pregnancy (on my third now) and yes, I understand feeling guilty about that. Have a chat with your midwife maybe, especially with the anxiety you've been feeling.

I've had impetigo once too, and it's horrid. Having it pregnant, even worse, so take it easy on yourself.

I do think it's a shock when pregnancy is so hard. I think you're supposed to enjoy it, bloom, never look better etc, but for many of us, it can be hell.

The only thing that keeps me going, is taking each week at a time (each day when it was really bad!) - and you're in the last trimester! Not long to go now smile

Don't beat yourself up for not feeling on top of the world. Just because you're having a hard time with the pregnancy, doesn't mean the baby isn't very much wanted. Try to focus on anything positive, and can you chat with DH about it? It's so nice to share how you're feeling, even just to get it off your chest. Anyone else you can confide in?

Take care x

Loc13 Wed 16-Dec-15 00:54:37

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate the support on here because I think my other half had found it hard seeing me so low these past few weeks. It's just great to hear you are not alone with your feelings from other women in a similar position. I guess I just don't do pregnancy very well! 11 weeks to go and counting! Looking forward to Christmas so feeling positive about a break from work and the new year. I hope you have a good one xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now