Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8wks,constipated and prescribed laxatives :-/

(8 Posts)
fairydust85 Thu 10-Dec-15 13:42:09

Hi all, TMI coming up so be warned... I've gone from having bad diarrhea to being really badly constipated, I can still "go" but it takes a lot of time...and this morning my toilet was fulled with blood and there was blood when I wiped the first couple of times. I could tell it was coming from the back but decided to ring docs just to make sure it was nothing to worry about. They've prescribed me with laxatives which I'm not sure how I feel about taking? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

P1nkP0ppy Thu 10-Dec-15 13:45:51

Have you tried prunes, figs, the traditional natural laxatives? Were you taking something to stop the diarrhoea?

CountessDracula Thu 10-Dec-15 13:47:18

Try cranial osteopathy
I was sceptical but it sorted my dd out at a similar age

cloudjumper Thu 10-Dec-15 13:52:04

Oh yes. I've been constipated all through this pregnancy, tried all the natural remedies, nothing worked. I'd say take the drugs to get things going again and then see how you fare with prunes, apricots, linseeds and the likes.

fairydust85 Thu 10-Dec-15 18:05:04

I didn't take anything to clear up the diarrhea, was advised not to take imodium so just had to let it run its course. I'm going shopping soon so will stock up on bran flakes and fruit I think 😊

Picklesauage Thu 10-Dec-15 22:23:04

Which laxatives have you been prescribed, if you don't mind me asking!

mrslebon Thu 10-Dec-15 22:58:58

I took Laxido in my first pregnancy from 20 weeks onwards as I ended up in A&E with a sort of 'in limbo' constipation situation where I couldn't wee or poo. Fucking painful. From then on, I took the Laxido, drank prune juice and ate bran flakes. Watch out for the painkillers they give you after the birth. I ended up back in A&E a week after DS was born with the same 'limbo' situation, except this time the litre of urine trapped in my bladder was pressing on my C section scar. Not pleasant. It was codeine that caused the constipation.

Baconyum Thu 10-Dec-15 23:01:31

Bran flakes and similar will dry you up fruit is much better. Prunes! Dates and figs, apricots, juice etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now