Talk

Advanced search

Forgetting I'm pregnant!

(11 Posts)
Everythinggettingbigger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:49:10

I'm 16+2 and yesterday I really felt pregnant....already got a considerable size bump which you cant miss but occasionally I keep forgetting I'm pregnant! I'm even feeling baby moving, not just butterflies anymore, proper kicks (DC2) but I keep doing things then thinking oops probably shouldn't have done that!! The rain was bouncing off the floor this morning and while I was dropping my DS off at my mums I was running up to the house to get out of the rain......in heels......even my DS told me off (hes 5) in case I fell blush

I can't be the only one who keeps forgetting!!

BexusSugarush Thu 10-Dec-15 10:51:00

I'm 37 weeks and still wake up in the mornings feeling so normal that I have to check the bump is still there!

dannydyerismydad Thu 10-Dec-15 10:57:17

When I was very pregnant DH was up in the loft. I forgot I was pregnant and turned sideways to squeeze past the ladder. Got dreadfully wedged.

JellyBaby26 Thu 10-Dec-15 11:00:43

Likewise and I keep forgetting to take my vitamins confused

whatlifestylechoice Thu 10-Dec-15 11:01:12

I'm 25 weeks. I slipped on the stairs the other day, fell on my arse and slide down a few painful steps. My mother, who was there at the time, came rushing out panicking about the baby. I had forgotten that might be a worry. blush (Baby was fine.)

Elfishpresley Thu 10-Dec-15 11:09:50

I'm pregnant with DC2 and forget that I am quite often!

I remember being pregnant was all I could think about with DC1 but now I'm so busy being a mum already that it does slip my mind a lot which I sometimes feel a bit guilty about

Junosmum Thu 10-Dec-15 15:00:46

I'm 34 weeks and have days where I feel really really pregnant and then other days where I forget, until I try to bend down or fit through a gap!

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 11-Dec-15 10:20:46

Thanks everyone....I don't feel as bad now! like Elfish said, its my second and the first time round it was all I could think about!!

MooseAndSquirrel Fri 11-Dec-15 10:33:21

I was terrible with DD2 - Like you say first time round it was all I thought about; most telling was when people asked how far along I was, with DD1 Id answer 34wks and 3days (I would know exact) But with DD2 it was more "around 5months"
I felt awful guilty at times but I was trying to be a mum, work, keep the house together and make sure everything else was alright!
She gets remembered now she's here and a one year old Tasmanian devil!

Everythinggettingbigger Fri 11-Dec-15 10:44:03

haha Moose im the same.....I knew down to the exact day with DS, this time round its usually a guess! but as you say this time round im working full time, running a house and first and foremost also being a mum!

JennyC520 Fri 11-Dec-15 15:48:40

I'm 37 weeks and always forget i'm pregnant, especially when jumping onto the bed! I occasionally go to jump belly first onto the bed and then remember my bump !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now