Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

NO SLEEP! Please tell me it's not just me!

(15 Posts)
SophieC13 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:25:19

My sleeping is awful! I have always been a really good sleeper, I'm 14 weeks and am waking up about 20 times a night!

It can be anything from having awful dreams, needing a drink, a wee, just waking up for no reason at all!

Please tell me I'm not the only one? I feel like I'm doing something wrongsad

Thanks ladies

tinyme135 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:27:47

I know how you feel hun. I'm 35+4 and my sleep is getting worse and worse. you might get a good night's sleep soon but I'm sorry to say this but come near the end it'll start again. Sorry hun

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 10-Dec-15 09:39:52

16+2 and to be fair ive never been a good sleeper, cant remember the last time I slept through the night never mind my 5 year old DS but last night was the worst night ever!! I spent the whole night needing a wee!! you aren't alone!

LilyRose16 Thu 10-Dec-15 09:46:47

You're not alone. Im 28 weeks and havent had a full night sleep since finding out at 6 weeks. Mostly i wake for a wee then just toss and turn the rest of the night. Sometimes im so tired i could cry but my body still wants to ly awake. Its so frustrating. Especially when people say oh your body is just preparing you for sleepless nights! I dont care, i just want to sleep!

ChicaMomma Thu 10-Dec-15 10:20:38

i havent slept more than 4-5 hours for the last 30 weeks really- you get used to it, i feel completely fine!! I also have a 17 month old DS so it's fair to say i havent slept in about 2 yrs. people keep telling me i look great, wtf grin

DreamingOfThruxtons Thu 10-Dec-15 10:47:02

Same here. Although it doesn't help that my 4 year old comes through at least once a night, or that my partner comes to bed in the wee hours and then snores, the bastard. 28 weeks along. Always was a light sleeper. Sucks, don't it?

JennyC520 Thu 10-Dec-15 13:33:44

36+5. I've had trouble sleeping all through-out pregnancy and then I'd be so tired that one night I'd just sleep the whole way through undisturbed and then back to problem sleeping, round and round. Nowadays I can't sleep cos I need the loo and i'm scared my sleeping position will hurt baby, and just so many thoughts on my mind!

DreamingOfThruxtons Thu 10-Dec-15 13:55:58

Does anyone else get twitches and restless legs? Bane. Of. My. Life.

SophieC13 Thu 10-Dec-15 15:03:07

Keep having nightmares too! That something is going to happen to my husband, wake up in a state! Awful!

Nicky333 Thu 10-Dec-15 16:11:59

I've always been a great sleeper - can sleep through a fire alarm, would sleep until the afternoon on a weekend if I could.

Now I'm pregnant, it's BANG. Crappy sleep. I'm 16+4 and I wake at about 3 or 4am every single night and then just doze after that. It's not that I've been dreaming or that I need the toilet, I'm just awake.

We (DH and I) took a day off in the middle of the week recently and I persuaded him to get up to let the chickens out so I could have a lie in. Nope, awake as usual, up at 8:30am having given up. Some lie in...

Iammad Thu 10-Dec-15 16:30:18

With my youngest I didn't sleep as soon as I found out!
I would fall asleep at ten then be up from 1 in the morning.
I'm 34 weeks and it's not been as bad but I'm up every hour now going to the toilet.

Chattymummyhere Thu 10-Dec-15 16:34:42

Nearly 25w and I cannot get to sleep I finally manage it between 12-3:30am even if I got up at 8pm.

nuttybananas Thu 10-Dec-15 18:08:41

Oh the nightmares are doing me in - only used to get them when I had a temperature but I reckon its every 3 or 4 nights now.
And how many times does a person need to go to the toilet in the night?
Ok it may be something to do with the water I drink all day - look like an enormous bloat by bedtime, spend all night weeing then by morning its a nice neat bump. But I get so thirsty during the day... and so on...

hebs72 Fri 11-Dec-15 05:38:01

Wide awake here too .I've fed the cat, made a warm drink, eaten a biscuit, pottered around a bit, and still no sign of sleep .Of course, when the alarm goes off, I'll be out for the count .At least I'm working from home tomorrow, so I can roll out of bed 5 minutes before my first call.

Strangely, I can sleep in the day with no problem confused

Reebok Fri 11-Dec-15 06:15:28

Can't sleep either. 20 weeks pregnant with dd2 and I haven't slept since finding out! Having said that I haven't really slept since I was pregnant with dd1 and she's almost 2 and a half. From the constant peeing, sudden nausea or need to vomit, thirst, sciatic pain and discomfort from my growing belly, restless legs and just generally not being able to sleep even though I'm so dumb tired...yep I know how you feel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now