Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Today's BFP test lighter than yesterday's . . . . Worried!!

(7 Posts)
Liquidlucnhlover Thu 10-Dec-15 09:13:57

Had my BFP yesterday using a first response test. I am not actually due on until Saturday and would never usually test this early but I had my suspicions due to an unusual bloated feeling in my lower abdomen, the fact I don't have any spots this month and my AF cramps haven't started as early as usual.

I did a test yesterday bang on dinner time, the line was faint but definitely there. Today I have tested using FMU and it's definitely lighter (I will attach pictures) this is my third pregnancy (1 MC 2 LG).

I'm hoping that this result is purely down to the fact that I'm so early on, help!

Liquidlucnhlover Thu 10-Dec-15 09:15:10

The first picture is yesterday's BFP and the second is today's using FMU.

Raxacoricofallapatorius Thu 10-Dec-15 09:17:05

The faintness of the line is irrelevant. The tests tell you you're pregnant, no more and no less. Strength of line this early on is more down to sensitivity of test, dilution of urine etc. They don't predict viability.

Junosmum Thu 10-Dec-15 09:20:31

As above, plus tests can be affected by loads of things, hydration, humidity, the test itself. Yes it could be a chemical pregnancy however it could also be a bundle of joy in 9 months! At this point both are possible, with the bundle being most likely! All the best.

malvinandhobbes Thu 10-Dec-15 09:40:24

I had this just a few weeks ago too. I had a drawer full of tests because I expected TTC to take longer. After I got a positive, I kept taking them and then comparing and worrying about the line. Some days were darker than others, in no discernible pattern at all. In the end I had to throw out the remaining tests because I was making myself nutty. I am almost 7 weeks now and dreadfully queasy.

It is so hard not to worry, but the tests aren't designed to show a lighter or darker line depending on how far along you are. They are a simple yes/no device.

FourForYouGlenCoco Thu 10-Dec-15 09:53:05

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. I obsessively tested thanks to 3 MC and my lines were all over the place. One day the line was the same as the last test (from a full week earlier) and I absolutely panicked...then compared the control lines and realised the later was also fainter than the earlier one...must have just been less dye in that particular test. I'm a total hypocrite, but leave the tests alone, they will send you mad.

Liquidlucnhlover Thu 10-Dec-15 15:06:37

Thank you. I was worried as I was experiencing cramps too but thankfully, they seem to have subsided. I'm leaving the tests alone!! Time to ring the doctors!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now