Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Seeking other newbie BFP's to talk all things 1st tri (and beyond!). Must have a GSOH!

(9 Posts)
Morwenna1 Wed 09-Dec-15 14:47:26

Hi, just looking to find other ladies who've just had their BFP's!!

Would be really useful to see how things pan out now we're heading through the 1st trimester...smileconfused

Just waiting to see if I can get a doc's appointment before Christmas...also suggestions as to how to convincingly lie to friends about not drinking over the festive season gratefully received!! fconfused

Picklesauage Wed 09-Dec-15 15:35:55

Well I'm not quite what you were after, as I'm not pregnant! But was recently, now just busy with 2 little girls!

But as for the convincing lie! I would get doctors appointment before Christmas stuff. Then 'be on medication' from this appointment for the majority of Christmas! You could even have strips of folic acid masquerading as the medicine! If anyone asks what is wrong be vague and insinurpate some sort of 'woman's issue' that normally shuts people up fast!

MoreGilmoreGirls Wed 09-Dec-15 15:41:03

I'm 7 weeks pg got my first appointment on next Monday with the midwife. Think we are going to tell family on Xmas day as me not drinking will be obvious. On nights out I have gone with discreetly drinking soda water with lime and claiming it's vodka and absently leaving drinks on random tables in the loos etc.

How's the morning sickness? I'm generally feeling sick 24 hours - bleurgh

Good luck with your first trimester fsmile

AuntieStella Wed 09-Dec-15 16:02:38

Congratulations! I think this is the thread you want

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2514033-august-2016

(PG chat threads are in a separate topic on purpose - if you look at how busy it it, you'll realise why, this topic would be swamped if they crept over).

Morwenna1 Wed 09-Dec-15 16:58:33

Er, ok!!! Whoops....not sure how I missed that actually! Thank you Auntie!

Sorry Pickle and Gilmore - seems that there is a whole section on this topic to explore blush so I'll see you over there? I've worked out my DD is August 2016 so I'll be lurking on those threads!

Good luck with the two little ones Pickle! and no morning sickness yet Gilmore as I am literally 4 weeks 1 day...ask me again in a few weeks time!
Good Christmas suggestions both!! Hmmm...

Kaytee1987 Wed 09-Dec-15 17:27:12

Hey the antenatal boards are good, I'm on July one and there's an August one too x

Champagneformyrealfriends Wed 09-Dec-15 21:45:37

Good excuses for not drinking-
Heavy night the night before (obviously only works if you're with different people!)
Driving (saving money on taxi's)
Up early and driving the next day (not a great excuse really but I worked for me!)
I wouldn't go with medication as an excuse-it's a bit obvious imo.

Congratulations! Xx

Purplelilly Sun 20-Dec-15 03:58:07

Could you arrange to be the designated driver for your group or just yourself?

Otherwise maybe say that you're feeling under the weather and not getting too drunk tonight, then drink a few non-alcoholic drinks (just buy a mixer without the alcohol in).

TattieHowkerz Sun 20-Dec-15 09:42:51

I got my BFP (child 2) on 10th December.

I don't drink anyway so nothing to hide, luckily.

People pay attention to what you are drinking only if you mention it. Just order an alcoholic drink then chuck some into a plant or in the sink in the toilet. Offer to do the bar runs and get things that look alcoholic such as lemonade and lime.

If you are seen holding a drink people will think you are drinking!

Alternatively say you are doing a detox or a sponsored sober Christmas in aid of a charity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now