Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help - ate coleslaw! Is it on the 'bad' food list?

(8 Posts)
hebs72 Wed 09-Dec-15 14:10:55

Hi ladies

I've just had coleslaw in my sandwich, and now I'm freaking out a bit. It doesn't mention it on the current NHS guidance, and this one was was made with pasteurised egg (I've checked).

Is this something that was 'bad' and is now 'OK', as there seem to be different views? confused I can't find out if it's the egg that's supposed to be the bad bit, or listeriosis - please help put my mind at rest!

DinoSnores Wed 09-Dec-15 14:12:02

Follow the NHS advice.

Coleslaw is fine!

Hope it was a tasty sandwich. fgrin

pinksummer Wed 09-Dec-15 14:12:27

You will be fine. I ate bucket loads of the stuff and have never heard of it as a 'bad' pregnany food before.

dementedpixie Wed 09-Dec-15 14:13:27

If it's not on the list then stop worrying

NoManJan Wed 09-Dec-15 14:13:42

Coleslaw is fine. Eggs are fine to have runny also if they have the red lion mark.

dementedpixie Wed 09-Dec-15 14:14:11

And I have never known it to be on the list - children are 9 and 12

Redsparklybucket Wed 09-Dec-15 14:15:19

Coleslaw is fine, ate tons of it (homemade but with pre made shop Mayo this summer) enjoy!

TesticleOfObjectivity Wed 09-Dec-15 14:17:06

Just stick to NHs guidelines and remember they are only a guide not a rulebook.

The internet is full of people from all over the world with different advice. Often advice is based on food standard regulations in that particular country - coleslaw from the UK may be made with much higher standards adhered to than coleslaw made in France for example. That's why I think it's best to stick to the advice given for the country you're in and again remember it is only a guide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now