Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scared to test..

(21 Posts)
sjd114 Wed 09-Dec-15 13:33:25

Hiya!

I'm not sure if any of you've seen my posts before, but I had a miscarriage in August this year; I had to take the medication not once, but twice as it hadn't worked.

I had my period around 5 weeks after that, and carried on as normal (in respect of the periods, not mentally)

But my first day of last period was the 31st Oct. 🎃🎃; which makes me over a week late? To be honest; don't really know how it all works. Haha.

But.. I'm late! Could this just be my body getting all confused after the mc; or could it be pregnancy? (I really hope so) me and oh have been having sex.. but I've decided to wait to test until Saturday morning, when we are both home.

I don't think I've had any symptoms, other than being pretty tired.. no sickness, my (tmi) nipples were a little sensitive but that's gone again.. and again, (tmi) I've had a fair amount of "wetness" discharge etc..

I'm just very anxious as the mc broke my heart and I'm SO scared it will happen again.

Just need some sort of reassurance or advice.

Thanks,
Sam
X

sjd114 Wed 09-Dec-15 13:47:08

- I think I feel sicky. But not sure if that's in my mind.. aaaaaah

Raspberrycream Wed 09-Dec-15 13:56:32

IME it could be both, so best advice I could give is wait until you are ready and POAS.

I had a mc in May and my first period after was in mid-June. It was then late for weeks and after several bfns I thought that just my hormones have gone wild, until I got my bfp on 31st August. I am now 19 weeks...

Fingers crossed for a good surprise.

sjd114 Wed 09-Dec-15 14:00:53

Raspberrycream Oh, I do really hope it is a bfp! I'm just so nervous to test! Does that sound really silly!?
Ah congratulations! Hope everything goes well!
X

Raspberrycream Wed 09-Dec-15 14:12:03

No, you are not silly at all!

Unfortunately, a mc changes all your perspective and you keep worrying and expecting that the worst will happen again.
The best advise I was given was to take it one day at a time....still trying (easier said than done).

Good luck with the test...when you are ready!

FourForYouGlenCoco Wed 09-Dec-15 16:03:32

It could definitely be pregnancy! I had a MC in August too (MMC followed by ERPC), a CP in oct and am now nearly 7 weeks pregnant; my last period/CP was 25/10 so only a few days before you - if you are pg you'll be around 6 weeks by now by lmp! I won't lie, it's bloody terrifying (to the point that no one knows in RL, not even my DH because I just can't talk about it for fear of jinxing it), the only way I'm getting through the days is to pretend it's not happening, but EPU are generally quite good about reassurance scans. I have one on Monday and hopefully that will put my mind at rest a little and help me start enjoying this pregnancy.
The only way you'll know is to test!! It is so scary but you have lots of virtual hand-holding. Good luck!

sjd114 Wed 09-Dec-15 17:33:03

FourForyou - Ahh I do bloody hope so! Oh I'm sorry for your loss. But congratulations!! - Ah i'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, until i have tested. I will be doing a test on Saturday morning, ( first pee! haha ) I'm the same, terrified of talking about it, and getting excited over something i don't even know is happening!
I'm taking one day at a time, but with my last pg i tested SO early which meant i knew so soon, and then had so long to wait before i could get a booking in appt, scans etc. So i'm holding out for as long as possible!
Just you wait - AF will turn up tonight now, that'll be just my luck!

Thankyou for your advice, and good luck to you too! I will post the result on this thread when i know on saturday!

xx

hollyisalovelyname Wed 09-Dec-15 17:49:57

Best of luck OP.
I was never sick but felt really tired in the first 12 weeks.

sjd114 Wed 09-Dec-15 18:27:34

Sorry TMI - I just had a wee.. and literally the tiniest tiniest bit of almost watery brown was on the tissue. I shouldn't even be getting worked up as don't even know if I'm pregnant or not! Aaaaargh

Loki17 Wed 09-Dec-15 18:48:02

At over a week late, if I were you, Id test. The brownish tinge could be implantation. More importantly, if you are pregnant and - god forbid- the worst happens again, it is worth knowing so that your gp can decide if you need any intervention to help you to maintain a pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you. Good luck!flowers

sjd114 Thu 10-Dec-15 08:24:00

Hi everyone.

Woke up this morning, and AF has arrived. With a vengeance. So heavy. (Tmi) sorry. I burst into tears & can't stop crying if I'm honest. I was so sure.. I feel like an absolute idiot for getting excited and now very emotional about something that wasn't even there. sad sad sad x

PeachyPemb Fri 11-Dec-15 21:31:06

Sorry to hear this sjd114. I was reading this thread with hope for you!! Try not to be disheartened, you will get pregnant when your body has had time to recover from the trauma of your miscarriage! Much love xx

Kacie123 Fri 11-Dec-15 21:44:59

I remember you sjd. I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you yet.

I get the same way too every cycle. It's not helpful or rational but it is what it is, a desperate yearning. So big hugs and no platitudes from me, but hoping it works out. thanks

hollyisalovelyname Sat 12-Dec-15 10:02:23

SJD thanks
I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you this time.

sizethree Sat 12-Dec-15 11:40:55

I'm so sorry. It's so upsetting with AF arrives. And I u set stand only too wl the anxiety of TTC after miscarriage.
Sadly I suffered three before my baby daughter arrived safely November.
I do remember several midwifed saying that September is the businst time of the year gif them with deliveries... Because of couples making Christmas and New Year babies! So hopefully this month will bring you your rainbow baby. Get on the prosecco and get practicing!huge hugs. X

Champagneformyrealfriends Sat 12-Dec-15 12:01:23

flowers

hollyisalovelyname Sat 12-Dec-15 13:50:59

My dsil had 6 pregnancies but only 3 children. They are a joy.

sjd114 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:06:22

Thank you all so much!
This af has come with a vengeance too.. so heavy (tmi) sorry!
Aargh. Never mind.

Better luck next time eh!
X

rainbowstardrops Sat 12-Dec-15 14:28:55

Fingers crossed for next time OP flowers

Coraltee123 Sat 12-Dec-15 14:46:53

That's what happened me after my mc first period came 2nd came 28 days later then 3rd came 3 weeks late and then after that went back to normal xx

Kacie123 Sat 12-Dec-15 16:41:51

Aw - no tmi in the TTC world. Well, some perhaps. But heavy is good! Mine have been super light lately which is not sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now