Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

getting closer to the date

(5 Posts)
tinyme135 Wed 09-Dec-15 12:58:04

I'm getting worried now as I get closer to my due date. I'm scared of how birth is going to be, the pain, if anything will go wrong. being a first time mum I don't know how I'm going to cope. I put a face on that I'm not worried but my God I can't help but think about it. I don't know how my OH will cope either as he hates to see me in pain.

I'm probably over reacting but I needed to get it out.

Iammad Wed 09-Dec-15 14:03:55

I'm starting to worry I'm 34 weeks, and this is 6th baby lol.
I don't think nothing even having babies before fully prepares you.
I would have an open mind of how you want things to be, pain relief and don't be worried if things don't pan out exactly how you want them to.

trebleclef101 Wed 09-Dec-15 14:04:27

I know how you feel, my first is now four months but I remember worrying about the birth before she arrived!

I know it's hard but the main thing I would say is try not to worry too much about it. It's not something you can get out of, so I found it best not to think about it too much and just deal with it as it happened.

Do you have any sort of birth plan yet? I found it helped to have an idea of the kind of birth I wanted, but bear in mind you do have to be flexible when the time comes.

I would also suggest not putting on too much of a brave face with your OH, it will help both of you for him to know exactly how you are feeling, if he knows you are worried hopefully he will step up and offer whatever support you need.

No one like to see their loved ones in pain, but my OH amazed me at my DD's birth, he was completely unfazed by it all and offered exactly the support I needed, which he was able to do as I was totally honest about what I wanted and how I was feeling.

tinyme135 Wed 09-Dec-15 14:37:26

I done my birthing plan this morning and put what I would like but said I will follow any advice they think will be best for a safe pregnancy. I've also put I would like support for my OH too as I know he'll freak out.

I think writing it out and reading ask the books the HV gave me has made me realise it's all real. it's finally sinking in.

jamtartandcustard Wed 09-Dec-15 15:03:08

39+2 with dc4 and I'm still terrified of "the birth". Exact same worries as you which is crazy as I kind of know what to expect but every birth is different. You do go into a very primal state though but that's different for everybody. Some scream, some are really chilled out. I hated being touched and having anyone near me, some woman love a back rub. It's so different no one can give you advice. All I would say is keep an open mind, if you can't cope with the pain, take the drugs x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now