Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No morning sickness for a week - has it finally stopped?

(5 Posts)
mamapoppins23 Wed 09-Dec-15 07:54:03

Hi everyone, I'm pregnant with my first, 9 weeks today and I haven't had any morning sickness. Last week my sickness was so bad sorry tmi I was vomiting on street corners with my best mate struggling to know what to do. I've been feeling much better, still exhausted. A friend of mine is 22 weeks and she said her horrible symptoms disappeared at 12. Is 9 weeks too early for symptoms to stop, although bear in mind, most people think I'm much further gone,
Thanks

Feeches Wed 09-Dec-15 08:04:05

Mines certainly peaked at 8-9 weeks then slowly subsided but took until week 20 to vanish completely. I think it varies from mum to mum and the 12 week thing is not quite as rigid as they make out.

Sounds like you've peaked so hopefully you can now enjoy your pregnancy vomit free!

spilttheteaagain Wed 09-Dec-15 11:42:19

I read that the placenta starts to take over baby maintenance from about 9 weeks and your HCG stops climbing so yes it doesn't seem unreasonable that the sickness gets easier.

My experience was that 5-9 weeks were hideous and then it eased at 9 weeks, left totally by 13.

Hope you have a non sick pregnancy before you now!

mamapoppins23 Wed 09-Dec-15 11:49:49

I hope so too it was horrific for a couple of weeks I was waking up in the night with sickness 😖 I'm starting to feel a bit better

Everythinggettingbigger Wed 09-Dec-15 15:50:50

mine was no where near as bad as yours, just felt nauseous....but it subsided about 11/12 weeks....it came back about 2/3 days ago....smells, everything you name it making me feel really ill....im only 16+1!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now