Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clean eating out the window?!

(12 Posts)
Clareyfairy24 Tue 08-Dec-15 15:46:14

I'm almost 9 weeks pregnant with my second baby. Normally fairly healthy gym 1-2 times per week and healthy/ clean water 85% of the time. However, my desire for most things healthy has completely left me with pregnancy. Avocados are the enemy, chicken makes me want to heave and certain fruits now just taste sour! All I crave is bread, jacket potatoes, pasta, chips (!) and can't stop eating cakes and other crap! I feel like I'm undoing years of good work but most of the healthy stuff just makes sick just looking at it. Anyone else experienced this?!

spilttheteaagain Tue 08-Dec-15 16:52:19

Oh yes, big style! Vegetables are the devils own food, still feel a retch at the thought of broccoli.

I was a leafy veg, pulses, nuts, oily fish, red meat, salad eating machine.

Morning sickness converted that to bacon sandwiches with lots of ketchup & vinegar, mini cheddars, orange juice, jacket potatoes, toast for a few weeks.

It's easing now at a bit over 10 weeks and I'm eating some fruit & salad now (but NOT cucumber! Weird pg aversion), still can't face veg apart from tomato sauce on pasta. Smoked salmon & scrambled eggs/ cheese & salad roll is my lunch of choice this week so not too bad, at least not compared to a fortnight ago!!

Nousername2015 Tue 08-Dec-15 17:13:54

I really struggled in 1st tri, literally existed on toast and babybels. Started to get my old habits back around the 16 week mark and started craving salad, carrots and bran flakes! So there's hope yet...although I have developed a ridiculous sweet tooth that dried fruit and rich tea biscuits are just not satisfying!

GothicRainbow Tue 08-Dec-15 17:17:09

Hang in there!! My healthy eating went out the window in my first pregnancy and also in this one (second) during the first trimester.

In this pregnancy I had an awful craving for Diet Coke - normally can't stand the stuff but just had to have it!

My normal eating habits returned around 20 weeks although I am still craving chocolate which is impossible to avoid at this time of year!

Luckygirlcharlie Tue 08-Dec-15 17:19:20

Me too! Usually super healthy. For me the devil was salmon, broccoli - any salad or green veg really - which I normally devour! Just wanted cheese and carbs. Both boys!

cheapredwine Tue 08-Dec-15 17:26:59

Yes to Babybels!!! Not eaten one in years but become a staple...

mellmumma Tue 08-Dec-15 19:55:53

I'm an avid clean eater normally too, but at 8 weeks all I fancy is crap and sugar!!!

Apart from craving a crisp apple every night 😁

chicken is absolutely no good for me too at the moment! bleurgh!

plus i'm so knackered I can't be bothered to cook 😮👎

hoping my clean appetite comes back soon!! i want my baby to be eating the right things too, not burgers and haribo! 😂😂

lljkk Tue 08-Dec-15 19:56:39

Not doing badly if you aren't living on crisps, chocolate & soda.

Beansprout30 Tue 08-Dec-15 21:10:44

Same here, 6 weeks and I cannot face anything healthy. I feel like im getting blobby because im just eating frap but the thought of anything else churns my stomach. Hope I get my appetite back for xmas lunch!

WeeseKeysAreThese Wed 09-Dec-15 07:41:31

23 weeks with twins here and I haven't eaten fruit since I was about 6 weeks. I normally like fruit and eat it everyday, I cant remember the last piece I ate it makes me feel sick blush also salmon has only recently made a comeback in this house.
I wouldn't worry too much as long as you're eating something and taking vitamins.

Mermaid36 Wed 09-Dec-15 07:44:59

7 weeks here and my healthy eating has also gone out of the window....I'm also craving carbs (bread, pasta etc). I've eaten more toast in the last 2 weeks than I've had in the last 6 months!

I used to eat loads of fruit and now it just gives me tummy ache and the runs....

TriJo Wed 09-Dec-15 10:18:20

25+3 here, normally quite a healthy eater and spent my first trimester craving fast food - particularly McDonalds breakfasts and KFC in general! Salad still isn't really doing it for me but things did settle down from about 13 weeks, do what you need to do to get through the early weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now