Talk

Advanced search

Ridiculously itchy feet.

(12 Posts)
BeautifulLiar Tue 08-Dec-15 10:39:56

I don't know what to do. I'm losing hours of sleep scratching them. Sometimes want to chop them off! Hands have started a little too. And elsewhere on my body.

I'm 27 weeks today, told the midwife about this 2-3 weeks ago, was told to come in straight away for a blood test. The results came back fine, so I'm not sure what to do now? I couldn't get a GP appointment until the 14th and I'm seeing the midwife then anyway.

This is baby number 4 and I've never had obstetric cholestastis... I also have quite itchy feet when not pregnant (though never this bad!).

Littlefrenchmummy Tue 08-Dec-15 11:34:24

I had this !!! Its was SO weird and it drove me insane. I had to use a hairbrush to scratch and it was worse in the evenings. All my bloods were fine. I looked like I had been in a fight with a cat I was so scratched !
Same thing happened to one of my friends in the US, she was crying over it, it was so bad.

it eventually passed....I found using moisturising creams and massaging my feet instead of scratching helped.

hang in there it goes away! XXX

BeautifulLiar Tue 08-Dec-15 12:13:12

Thank you frenchmummy, that's good to know!! Will try e45 cream tonight and pray for a better nights sleep!

kamillaw Tue 08-Dec-15 13:55:03

I would maybe request repeat bloods or ring triage as sometimes it can take a while to show x

kamillaw Tue 08-Dec-15 13:55:28

Just to cover all bases IYSWIM!

TeaandHobnobs Tue 08-Dec-15 13:59:28

I agree with kamillaw. It really does sound like OC to me. If you can't get in to see your GP or MW before the 14th, do ring triage at the hospital.

BeautifulLiar Tue 08-Dec-15 14:10:48

Agghh I'm tempted to ring the midwife but I hate making a fuss which is why DH ended up delivering DD2 on our bed I will ring tomorrow if I'm up in the night scratching again.

TeaandHobnobs Tue 08-Dec-15 18:47:06

Please make a fuss. Sorry if this is scary but there can be tragic consequences if OC goes undiagnosed. It is still not that well-understood a condition, and if you do have it, it is important that you and baby are appropriately looked after.

BeautifulLiar Tue 08-Dec-15 21:07:59

Thank you, it helps that someone is listening. DH just said I kept him awake too as apparently I kept stabbing him with my toenails as I jerked my feet around! blush I'm sure it'll be fine. I hope so, as I'm desperate to avoid a hospital birth.

TeaandHobnobs Sun 20-Dec-15 20:11:41

How are you getting on OP?

madsaz76 Sun 20-Dec-15 20:44:45

If you had OC it would be likely that all of you would itch not just your feet.

This sounds like palmar/ plantar erythema. You get increased blood supply to palms and soles and it can cause itch.

VinylScratch Sun 20-Dec-15 20:48:07

I had that, I remember having to get up at night and scrub my feet against the scratch doormat to get some relief. I didn't have obstetric choliostasis so it must have been the erythema thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now