Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Breasts leaking at 33 weeks

(12 Posts)
SushiAndTheBanshees Mon 07-Dec-15 15:38:13

Erm, just noticed this. Seems to be more on one side than the other. Didn't happen first time round. Is it actual milk? Colostrum? Isn't lots, just noticed it on my white pajama tops. Is it going to get worse?! Does this mean my milk will come in quickly (took over a week with first DC!)? Never needed a single breast pad last time through pregnancy and bfing.

Fugghetaboutit Mon 07-Dec-15 15:39:13

I'm on second pregnancy and mine have been engorged and leaking a little from early on this time too

fairyfeatures Mon 07-Dec-15 15:45:50

Colostrum has been pouring out of me since 16 weeks.... breast pads everywhere!!

Battleshiphips2 Mon 07-Dec-15 15:52:44

I'm 26 weeks and have had a little leakage. Only noticed because ddog seemed quite interested in my boobs! This is my second.

SparklyTinselTits Mon 07-Dec-15 15:53:33

Happened to me too...woke up one night and one side of my tshirt and arm where soaking wet. I woke DH up and told him off for drooling on me....then realised it was my boobs leaking hmm
Started happening about 22 weeks, and carried on all the way until DD was born. Was all clear, yellowish colostrum. Proper milk didn't come in until about 3 days post partum

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:08:25

I'm 30 weeks and one (!!) of mine leaked last week in my sleep. Weird.

Oysterbabe Mon 07-Dec-15 20:09:52

I've been leaking since 22 weeks and leaking quite a lot. I'm 33 weeks now and think I'm leaking enough to feed an actual child now!

SushiAndTheBanshees Mon 07-Dec-15 20:49:04

Glad it's not just me! Sorry ladies smile

It's not like the indignities and uglinesses of pregnancy aren't already bad enough. Leaking from what isn't really even an orifice is just taking things one step too far!

UptownFunk00 Mon 07-Dec-15 21:10:02

I'm 30 weeks and mine leak a lot. It's my second pregnancy and didn't happen as much or Tim later on in pregnancy the first time. It's colostrum though and perfectly normal albeit annoying (waking up to the sticky coldness not so pleasant). It'll be a yellow orange colour no doubt.

SushiAndTheBanshees Mon 07-Dec-15 21:27:55

Kind of cream coloured: bit yellowy.

So, do you think I could start expressing and freezing for after baby is born (so DH can give baby bottle in the night)?? Am I likely to get anything at this stage? Have never pumped in my life.

SparklyTinselTits Mon 07-Dec-15 21:59:26

Sushi I think I read somewhere that there's not much point in freezing colostrum because it destroys a lot of the nutrients. You'll still have plenty when baba arrives smile

SushiAndTheBanshees Mon 07-Dec-15 22:22:11

Good to know, thanks. Am just dreading nights like the early ones I had with first DC, wondering how I can make them any better! Sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now