Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just found out I'm pregnant but had lletz 1 week ago! Help!

(10 Posts)
Otters2015 Mon 07-Dec-15 14:41:10

I had lletz for abnormal smear 1week ago. My period was due that day and didn't start so I did pretty test today and I'm 4-5 wks preg! Anyone else been unknowingly preg during lletz? Any happy outcomes or problems with infection, miscarriage etc? I feel like an idiot for not having checked!

sherbertlemon17 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:39:53

Did the hospital not check before you had this done? I only found out I was pregnant because I checked before going for my 1st appointment for an abnormal smear; but at each of my early appointments they did a pregnancy test to check too.

I have to say, I can't comment on the lletz, but I've had regular colposcopies and also a biopsy taken. Apart from some extra bleeding, everything was fine.

Hope someone comes along with a more useful answer flowers

embarrasseddoesntcutit Mon 07-Dec-15 17:15:16

They didn't check before I had mine done, as though they prefer not to do it when pregnant it shouldn't cause any issues.

You need to get an earlier than usual midwife appointment (about 6 weeks) as they may want to scan your cervix to see how long it is and you may need a cervical stitch due to it having been very recent and not having chance to grow back.

embarrasseddoesntcutit Mon 07-Dec-15 17:26:13

They didn't check before I had mine done, as though they prefer not to do it when pregnant it shouldn't cause any issues.

You need to get an earlier than usual midwife appointment (about 6 weeks) as they may want to scan your cervix to see how long it is and you may need a cervical stitch due to it having been very recent and not having chance to grow back.

Battleshiphips2 Mon 07-Dec-15 17:36:22

Hive read a number of stories online where this has happened and they all seem to have been fine. Never experienced myself though so it's just things I've read sorry. Congrats and hope all goes well.

Otters2015 Tue 08-Dec-15 09:28:45

Thanks everyone- they did ask if we'd been using contraception - which we had- but I guess we weren't as careful as we should have been! They didn't do a preg test- but I guess it might have been negative then anyway as I'd only have been 3-4 weeks... Have booked in to see GP/midwife for early scan - fingers crossed!

sherbertlemon17 Tue 08-Dec-15 09:31:19

Good luck otters smile

Otters2015 Wed 20-Apr-16 11:43:49

Just in case anyone searches for this kind of thread again, I am currently 24 weeks pregnant with a little boy and no problems (touch wood). I had a fair bit of bleeding - prob mainly from cervix - early in pregnancy, so a couple of early scans. I had a cervical length scan just for reassurance at 18 weeks of pregnancy, and all was fine. All the drs were very reassuring about it and the risks, and don't think I should have any problems. Histology came back as CIN 1 after all that as well (was CIN2 on original biopsy), so v reassuring! But all seems to be OK.

dats Wed 20-Apr-16 13:30:56

Hooray! Lovely update and congrats on pregnancy and results! flowers

Vb87 Fri 22-Apr-16 19:00:20

My sister in law had a lletz procedure while she was pregnant (unknowingly), she had a problem free pregnancy. Hope everything goes well for you thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now