Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Being induced. What will happen with my birthing partners?

(4 Posts)
mrsjoker35 Mon 07-Dec-15 13:53:35

Being induced on Thursday if baby doesn't come before then. My aunt and my partner(father of baby) are my birthing partners , do they get to sit with me while we wait to see if my labor starts or what?? Because obviously if they leave me alone and i go into labor i dont want to be alone while i give birth , i want especially the father to meet our baby the same time as me as soon as shes out, i also don't really want to sit alone in hospital at all to be honest :/

goodnightdarthvader1 Mon 07-Dec-15 14:20:17

I would suggest you asked the hospital their policy. Although I doubt they'd make you be alone.

GastonsChestHair Mon 07-Dec-15 14:22:58

They'd be with you. If your labour hasn't started by night fall, they may have to go home but if you go into labour, hospital will call partner straight away.

mumblebumble Mon 07-Dec-15 14:25:56

I was induced in the afternoon and DH stayed with me from then on throughout the night, DS was born at lunchtime the next day. Mind you I was quite poorly with pre eclampsia so they weren't going to let the induction drag on for days, so this might have made a difference. How far do your aunt and DP live from the hospital? Even if they went home I'd imagine that as soon as you were in established labour they'd be invited back, so should be plenty of time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now