Talk

Advanced search

stretching pains?

(10 Posts)
YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 07-Dec-15 13:07:19

I'm 10+5 and since last night I've been getting am intermittent pain a hit like a stitch very low on my left middle. Is this likely to be ligaments starting to stretch? It isn't constant or hugely painful, but it's uncomfortable.

I'm seeing the midwife tomorrow for bloods so I will mention it to her then, but wondered if anyone else had any thoughts? I also wondered about a UTI as I know they are something to look out for in pregnancy, but I don't know the signs as I've never ever had one!

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 07-Dec-15 18:07:36

Anyone?

LittlePixieMa Mon 07-Dec-15 18:12:04

Hey
Could be muscles stretching, so much changes and moves during pregnancy. Is it near your pubic bone? X

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 07-Dec-15 18:13:35

Yes it is LittlePixie.

LittlePixieMa Mon 07-Dec-15 18:17:11

Could be pelvic girdle pain. The hormone relax loosens joins, some joints get too loose, PGP can be very painful. You can buy support belts to help, or a good pregnancy yoga teacher can give you exercises to help keep strength in the joints. Your midwife will know immediately if it PGP and should be able to give advice xx

Jw35 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:23:43

Yes I always get this! I'm 5.5 weeks and have it now. Had it with last pregnant too. It's your uterus stretching and totally normal

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Mon 07-Dec-15 18:24:49

I hope it's not PGP! It doesn't feel like the joint, and it's very intermittent.

LittlePixieMa Thu 10-Dec-15 17:30:45

How did it go with the midwife? X

YouAndMeAreGoingToFallOut Thu 10-Dec-15 20:03:33

She said it sounded like ligaments stretching/loosening and it was nothing to worry about. So I'm not worrying about it! It hasn't got any worse or more frequent, so hopefully it's nothing.

LittlePixieMa Thu 10-Dec-15 21:06:44

smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now