Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Getting induced tomorrow- anything I need to know/advice?

(15 Posts)
Wishful80smontage Mon 07-Dec-15 12:07:14

Getting induced Tomo as growth baby slowed. I'm really hoping it doesn't take too long- as baby will need to stay in at least 2 days when he's born for checks and I've got a toddler at home who I've never been away from for long.
Any advice or anything I should know?
I've got my hosp bag etc everything ready but still feel completely unprepared!

GoApeShit Mon 07-Dec-15 12:24:46

Be prepared for a long wait. I know that's not very positive, but it's honest. Induction can take fucking FOREVER. Take stuff to read, iPad, chargers, snacks...

Chattycat78 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:33:06

Agree. I was in hospital for 2 days before my induction even started to work. However, that's likely to be because ds was nowhere near ready to be born really.

Mimilicious013 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:35:11

I was induced with 3 of my kids.mybe i was lucky with all the labours it never took more than 3hrs but rather more painful many weeks are you ?

Wishful80smontage Mon 07-Dec-15 12:52:56

I'm 39 weeks, did have some pains a couple weeks ago so thought something was happening then but nothing!
Desperate for it to work quickly just so I'm not away from dd at night for more than 4 nights but it will take as long as it takes I suppose.

Right I've got pile of trashy mags, water, snacks and will buy wifi pass once I'm in so I can watch films on phone- anything else?

Daft Q but take it until I'm in active labour you stay properly dressed or did you stay in pj's? Thinking whether to pack more clothes or nightwear

Mimilicious013 Mon 07-Dec-15 13:21:12

More nighties would be ideal coz u cld spoil after labour but during labour no panties,no bra just the hospital gown that leaves your bum out.are u getting an epidural ?

Wishful80smontage Mon 07-Dec-15 13:31:47

Yep will be getting an epidural as I can't have other anaesthetics due to reaction- and glad of it this all sounds v. Painful- last time was more straightforward with dd.

Chchchchangeabout Mon 07-Dec-15 13:36:33

Make sure someone is keeping an eye on how the baby is doing in case it gets distressed and needs to be whipped out, as if you go to drip ercs it can be stressful for baby, or may be reasons behind slowed growth. They should do this as a matter of course but with short staffing it doesn't always happen.

Chchchchangeabout Mon 07-Dec-15 13:36:55

Ercs = etc

BexusSugarush Mon 07-Dec-15 13:55:39

Everyone I know to have given birth in hospital complains they don't let you charge your phone/ipad/etc there, so if it's not too late then consider a portable charger for your device. Best of luck x

Mimilicious013 Mon 07-Dec-15 14:40:52

Best of luck hey!!

PeppermintInfusion Mon 07-Dec-15 14:49:06

If you're not hooked up to the monitors, keep moving- walk the corridors and bounce on a ball if they have one (you might need to ask) as this helps get things going. As others said be prepared to wait so bring stuff to keep you entertained, cash for food etc.

KatyN Mon 07-Dec-15 16:41:55

I found out quite late in my induction that there is a gel that numbs your lady bits. I had a fair few examinations and they got progressively more painful.. And then I found out about the amazing gel! Totally changed how I felt about being induced then!! I recommend you ask for it if you are getting sore!

Good luck. K

Wishful80smontage Tue 08-Dec-15 05:39:38

Thanks all today's the day! Can't sleep now too excited which I'm sure I'll regret when I'm exhusted today/Tomo please keep your fingers crossed for a quick and safe delivery for me smile thanks again for advice

Mimilicious013 Tue 08-Dec-15 05:45:05

Fingers crossed for you.the pain will be forgotten by the beautiful baby u will hold.keep us updated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now