Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

food poisoning?

(5 Posts)
socktastic Mon 07-Dec-15 10:01:41

Feeling rubbish. Haven't felt right for weeks mind you but today is a particularly rubbish day.

Up during the night with sickness and diarrhoea but oddly managed to sleep in between episodes. Still throwing up now but all I have left in me is greeny yellowy bile! Stupidly tried going to work but they sent me home pretty sharpish.

Could this be food poisoning? If so is there any risk to the baby? I'm 10+4

Summerdaydreams1 Mon 07-Dec-15 11:28:06

It could be or a sick bug?
I had two bouts of sick bugs in first 14 weeks of my pregnancy one of which I thought may have been food poisoning. I was worried but consultant said not to be as long as you stay hydrated. My baby is 12 weeks old now and perfect. Hope you feel better soon.

tinyme135 Mon 07-Dec-15 12:20:06

there is a sickness bug going round both me and OH had it and so did SIL. as long as you keep hydrated there's nothing to worry about. if you are concerned talk to your doc.

hope you feel better soon flowers

embarrasseddoesntcutit Mon 07-Dec-15 12:39:50

Sounds like one of the tummy bugs going around, shouldn't last more than 48 hours and you, and baby will be fine.

Try and stay hydrated - if drinking fluid makes you throw up try sucking ice cubes, or ice lollies/ frozen cordial - especially sugary ones, gives you a bit of energy as well as fluid but goes down so slowly you don't throw it up.

socktastic Mon 07-Dec-15 13:08:59

Thanks, hadn't thought of ice cubes, will give that a go- still throwing up now so keeping no water down at all sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now