Talk

Advanced search

Migraine in early pregnancy

(4 Posts)
tintinenamerique Mon 07-Dec-15 05:18:44

Never had one before, it is a thing that you get them when pregnant?
Do I need to see dr? Feverish yesterday though temp has gone down now. Thanks

April2013 Mon 07-Dec-15 08:49:45

If in doubt just ring 111 or your Dr, as you are pregnant they will be happy to help, should be anyway. I've rung my GP loads more than I normally would since being pregnant, they have been great but tbh even if they were grumpy about it I wouldn't care. I don't know about migraines I'm afraid but I had very intense headaches in one pregnancy first trimester, the only thing that helped me was ice in a towel held next to my temples. Hope your Dr can advise.

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Mon 07-Dec-15 15:27:26

I'm 6 wks and have had headaches every morning for the last week. NHS website says it's normal and hormone related. I have always suffered hormonal migraines, used to have one on day 3 of every period, every month without fail. Have you previously suffered from migraines?
If you're feverish I'd speak to the Dr but hopefully it's just hormones & nothing serious

Here's the NHS info on headaches in pregnancy www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/headaches-pregnant.aspx

tintinenamerique Mon 07-Dec-15 19:50:11

Thanks, spoke to midwife and she said it's nothing to worry about and normal in pregnancy. Never had a migraine before so knocked me for six slightly. Though I'd never had a nosebleed before I was pregnant with ds. Weird stuff happening...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now