Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Requesting to be delivered early. I just can't cope. How do I go about this?

(10 Posts)
Gingerlady123 Mon 07-Dec-15 03:58:33

25+2 weeks pregnant here today.
Suffering with chronic sickness and vomiting still.
Last week the insomnia has hit big time. For example tonight I have managed two one hour naps and that's it. I've been trying to sleep since 11:45. I've tried countless remedies. I've vomited twice yesterday and three times tonight.
Theirs no way I'm going to make it until March. I feel like I'm dying. I just want to be under general until March if this is what it will be like.
I feel weak, dizzy, faint, I have a bad headache but can't keep painkillers down and I am suffering with restless legs. Every time I get into bed they constantly need moving and I can't stop the sensation. I've tried getting up, walking about, bananas, milk, hot baths etc.
I know they won't deliver Early but who can I ask?
It's only a matter of time before I faint and injure my self or end up in hospital dehdrayed on an Iv drip. I can't cope. I'm in floods of tears and so in well.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Mon 07-Dec-15 04:48:35

I think you need to talk to the midwife or gp as soon as possible. I'm sorry but no they won't deliver your baby early because it would be very dangerous for him/her and you are past the legal abortion limit. Do you have other children? A supportive partner, friends and family?

hartmel Mon 07-Dec-15 04:54:35

thanks poor you!!!

No they won't deliver early.. But please speak to your midwife about it... Do you have any medication for the sickness? When I was pregnant with my first baby, I vomited from water. Drinking it or just taking a shower made me sick.. So my doctor gave me some medication to get it under control and I was also on iv to get some fluid in my body again...

Contact your midwife as soon as you can

honeysucklejasmine Mon 07-Dec-15 05:01:01

Are you on anything for the sickness? It's amazing how different your day can feel if you don't have to keep running to bathroom.

Definitely speak to your midwife about how you feel. They may be able to recommend some support and will be able to suggest any medicals fixes there might be.

5hell Mon 07-Dec-15 06:34:49

Get to your gp and get some help/treatment for the sickness. It may be that you're already seriously dehydrated and need iv fluids, there are medications which can help a lot with sickness and nausea, and u never know once that is under control your other problems might improve too.

I'm finding the insomnia comes n goes, so try not to panic about that as you may get a normal nights sleep tonight...try changing something (different bed/pillows etc) to break the association with other bad nights

I really hope things improve for you soon...be honest and insistent with your gp/mw and I'm sure they'll do all they can to help you out of this flowers

insan1tyscartching Mon 07-Dec-15 07:45:32

I'm sorry but they won't deliver your baby early because baby is in the best place where he is. I've had hyperemesis and it is awful with a couple of my dc it only stopped when the placenta was delivered. You can ask for medication to help with this, in my experience it makes things better even if it doesn't get rid of it completely.
Insomnia is a pain, I've had it for thirty years the thing is if you think about it it seems to get worse. I go to bed at the usual time, if I can't sleep I get up and do something (reading, ironing, listen to music) sometimes I fall asleep on the sofa, other times I go back to bed and sometimes I don't sleep. It tends to get better or worse on its own. Even when pregnant GPs can prescribe a short course of sleeping tablets so go and ask if you think you need them.
Hope things improve soon flowers

April2013 Mon 07-Dec-15 08:56:01

Try pregnancy sickness support helpline and forum too - they will offer expert practical and emotional support, this sounds awful but there are solutions and you will get through this.

Suzy4321 Mon 07-Dec-15 08:58:35

I asked and was told no as its best place for baby but I was booked in to be induced due date. But baby came the night before anyway. As bad as you feel your baby is having a blast in there

April2013 Mon 07-Dec-15 09:00:11

If u feel you should be in hospital then you should just go, hope you feel better soon.

GoApeShit Mon 07-Dec-15 10:38:43

As others have said, you sound like you need to see a GP pretty urgently. You might want to talk to them about how you are feeling mentally as well as physically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now