Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Review of Stokke prams?

(13 Posts)
Inwaiting Sun 06-Dec-15 21:56:03

First baby...no idea what i'm doing...hit me with stokke reviews if possible please?

Friend recommended them as being the best thing on this earth but i have no idea

MrsSoDown Sun 06-Dec-15 22:31:48

I have one I love it

angelpuffs Mon 07-Dec-15 14:04:51

I have an xplory. It's great- I love the fact that the baby is high up and it steers really well but it is very heavy and very large to collapse for the car.

TurquoiseDress Mon 07-Dec-15 14:24:01

I love my Xplory!
Good if you live in an urban area.
More hassle collapsing it down & putting in the car, definitely not a one handed job.

But if you want a pushchair that collapses in a second to put in the car, a Stokke wouldn't be on your list.

Really love mine, it's so smooth & easy to push one handed. LO is v comfortable & sleep well in it when we're out and about.

Some people hate it, others love it.
Depends what you're looking for.
It's the only pushchair I've ever bought, have not tried any similar ones eg bugaboo etc

Whoknewitcouldbeso Mon 07-Dec-15 14:27:22

I have an Xplory. I only have experienced Stokke and a horrible cheap Graco. All I can tell you is that it gets lots and lots of attention from others. It can be a pain in the arse to collapse and put back together and you need a decent sized boot otherwise you have to clip the back wheels off - this is easy, but messy on the Winter.

We are sticking with it for DS2 because it was expensive and I still like it.

Whoknewitcouldbeso Mon 07-Dec-15 14:29:15

Btw if you get one then watch the YouTube videos on how to put it together, collapse it etc - or get a demonstration in person. Otherwise you will just scratch your head for an age and battle with it.

Artandco Mon 07-Dec-15 14:31:01

I don't have one. But a friend did and hated as said it wasn't big enough seat wise for a larger child ( after 18 months in her case), it wobbled with older child in and heavy to lift and fold

Look at what you need a pram for firstly. In the city or using car or buses you will want very different from someone in the countryside who only walks in fields

angelpuffs Mon 07-Dec-15 16:04:57

My daughter is a tall 2.5 yr old and still fits it well :-)

stargirl1701 Mon 07-Dec-15 16:11:57

We have the V3 Xplory. Love it. Never pushed anything as good. The V4 has locking front wheels which would be great! My eldest, who is 3.3 years and is 50th centile, still fits comfortably in it.

Totally recommend.

KatharinaRosalie Mon 07-Dec-15 16:14:07

Friend has one and it's a lovely pram for city, but she complains that she really should have got something more suitable for muddy dog walks. SO depends on what you need it for.

ThePug Mon 07-Dec-15 19:16:55

If you like the idea of baby being high up (and something that looks swish) then have a look at the Joolz Day or Joolz Geo. The Geo is designed for offroading and has lockable front wheels, and it collapses in one piece with the seat attached and pops straight up, so sounds like it may address some of the niggles the Xplory has (I haven't tried a Stokke but after all my research the Geo is what I went for)

Inwaiting Mon 07-Dec-15 20:14:59

thanks everybody i really appreciate it xxx

Peppaismyhomegirl Mon 07-Dec-15 20:18:16

I would totally advice on looking at your lifestyle, where you live and what transport you use. I didn't, lovely pram but really was a massive pain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now