Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Progesterone

(10 Posts)
Alice1983 Sun 06-Dec-15 19:24:35

Hi

I wanted to ask whether anyone has got any story / recommendations on Progesterone? Basically I had it for me last Pregnancy (i thought it was Super Strong) but it unfortunately ended in MC - I was wondering whether it was worth asking for it this time round again as a precautionary measure? I am 4 weeks
Thanks
X

Alice1983 Mon 07-Dec-15 18:49:03

Anyone any thumbs up for Progesterone? They were really strong so dont want to take them unnecessarily

hellsdells82 Mon 07-Dec-15 19:01:23

Hi alice,didnt want to just ignore,and do t have any good advice for you but wondered if it was worth sticking the same post in "conception", as i think you might get a better response. Ive read about other women ttc and have used progesterone and docs plan on giving it to my sil but dont know any more about it sorry,bit theres a few women in "conception" that may know all about amd give you advice.
Sorry for blabbering on. Congrats and hugs flowers

cheapredwine Mon 07-Dec-15 19:02:16

I'm on 3 cyclogest a day and 2 vials of gestone so a considerable amount of progesterone but don't have anything to compare it to! (3rd IVF but 1st pregnancy). What were you on previously? My impression is that even the dose I'm on, which is pretty high, it doesn't feel super strong? But again, can't really put it in context. So not terribly useful, sorry!

Alice1983 Mon 07-Dec-15 19:32:24

It was Progeffik I was taking. Felt like i had literally smoked a whole Cannabis Plant, didnt mind it at night, but in the morning it was horrible. Just wondered whether to speak to them about that again or not. I dont really want an Early Scan

Brummiegirl15 Mon 07-Dec-15 20:05:56

I used progesterone for this pregnancy due to 3 x previous mcs

Progesterone doesn't cause mc, there is the thought it helps support the lining

Alice1983 Mon 07-Dec-15 21:26:00

Thanks for replying Brummiegirl. How is it working for you? I have had one MC and they gave me Progesterone as they could see it wasnt going very well - even though I MC anyway but I dont know whether to see if I can get it again. I have heard that it does as you say and help the pregnancy...so surely they should offer it to me or I should ask?

Brummiegirl15 Mon 07-Dec-15 22:17:40

Progesterone worked very well for me. I'm now 32 weeks on attempt number 4!

I had 200mg twice a day from 7 days post ovulation and then once I got my BFP, this was increased to 400mg twice a day until 12 weeks.

You wouldn't normally get progesterone after 1 mc though. I had to wait to have 3 before I got any help

I had 3 x losses before 12 weeks and I feel the progesterone really helped

Alice1983 Tue 08-Dec-15 19:58:32

I get it Private like last time....thanks for your help. I think ill mentíon it and see what happens...last time they only suggested it after the scan showed complications..i hope they dont suggest scanning this Early again....shock

Osirus Tue 08-Dec-15 22:03:53

I've just stopped using Crinone (12 weeks after IVF) and it didn't affect me at all, well not noticeably. I'm a little anxious about stopping!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now