Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal?

(8 Posts)
Brunilde Sun 06-Dec-15 18:11:39

I've only just found out I'm pregnant yesterday, still very early on at 4 weeks. For the last 3/4 days I've had awful cramps and thought it was AF starting. I've now narrowed it down to when I have a full bladder and it continues for around 10 minutes afterwards. Once I've been to the loo it eases off and I'm fine. It's really strong, similar to period pain but worse than I've had. I'm a bit worried and wondered if anyone has experienced similar.

SpanglesGalloway Sun 06-Dec-15 18:18:28

Could be a uti I don't recall experiencing simmilar that early. As you move along you do get ligament stretchy pain which can be quite intense but not at that point. May also be implantation pain. I did have had but it was before my bfp and took my breath away but it only happened on one occasion.
I suggest a gp visit for bloods to conf pregnancy and also a pee dip to check for a uti. Congratulations flowers

Brunilde Sun 06-Dec-15 18:20:35

Thank you. I hadn't thought UTI as its not painful at all when I go. Think i'll give it a couple of days and visit the doctor if it doesn't improve.

fanjodisfunction Sun 06-Dec-15 18:38:57

It can be implantation, it can be a little painful, certainly during my second pg it was.
Diffinetly get it checked out for a uti though just in case.

Fugghetaboutit Sun 06-Dec-15 18:39:53

Yes, normal for me with both pregnancies. Congrats!

Brunilde Sun 06-Dec-15 18:44:39

Thank you. That makes me feel a little better. I feel like i'm going to be worrying about every ache and pain. Four weeks is so early and uncertain. It doesn't seem real

Alice1983 Sun 06-Dec-15 19:10:42

Hi Brunilde, Im at the same stage as you and also getting them along with some brown discharge (sorry TMI blush). I am hoping it is uterus stretching or something stretching grin

Brunilde Sun 06-Dec-15 19:12:43

Yes Alice that was along the lines I was hoping for too. It did seem too early really for symptoms and also weird that only with a full bladder. But I feel fine otherwise so I'm hoping its all normal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now