Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Whooping cough vaccine, anyone else suffered with it??

(13 Posts)
ouch2015 Sat 05-Dec-15 09:36:02

Excuse the unimaginative username grin

I got the jab on Tuesday and holy cow my arm is killing me!! Hot, swollen and red and not even at the jab site which I thought was strange.

I'm not overly concerned as I vaguely remember this one being a bit sore the last time but jeez it's like calm down already! So painful! It's actually been making me feel quite unwell.

A couple of paracetamol and a cold compress has helped the past couple of days but have woken up with it back to being as sore as ever sad

ThePug Sat 05-Dec-15 11:01:43

Sounds nasty sad I'm due to have mine in the next few weeks but am probably going to put it off until after Christmas as I've heard a few people have reacted like you and don't want to spend the whole break feeling ill/sore (especially not as we have a 5 hour drive each way to spend the week with family!)

ClutterofStarlings Sat 05-Dec-15 11:19:36

Yes. Made me cross, but I had been warned & they also said the more you react the better it takes or something. More than a week later I still have a palpable lump which is sometimes itchy. Still cross.

ouch2015 Sat 05-Dec-15 11:36:00

ThePug that's probably a good idea leaving it until after Christmas.

I was told it might be a bit stiff hmm but that was it.

Not fun!

TreeSparrow Sat 05-Dec-15 11:38:19

Red, hot, puffy, sore, and couldn't lie on it. Nothing worse than that though. Lasted four days or so. (shrugs) Tis fine.

madsaz76 Sat 05-Dec-15 11:47:45

I didn't react but nurse managed to give me a massive bruise.

Generally if you react it means you probably have some immunity to one of the components so it's probably working well for you.

Oysterbabe Sat 05-Dec-15 11:50:38

I had mine on Thursday. It was a bit sore after and yesterday. Can barely feel it today.

ouch2015 Sat 05-Dec-15 11:52:49

Mine has got progressively worse as the days have gone on!

KatyN Sat 05-Dec-15 11:54:43

Yes. Apparently it is given with tetanus so it is almost meant to hurt!!!
I had my flu jab at the same time so both arms hurt!

K

ouch2015 Sat 05-Dec-15 12:11:05

It had crossed my mind that the tetanus might have had something to do with it. I got my flu one a couple of weeks before so luckily i didn't have 2 in 1!

ClutterofStarlings Sat 05-Dec-15 13:34:55

Not just tetanus here but also diphtheria and polio.

hufflebottom Sat 05-Dec-15 13:53:08

I had mine a week ago. It has only just settled down. It was really red and swollen. I've still got a little lump under the skin from it. Still itchy on occasion.

ouch2015 Sat 05-Dec-15 15:01:45

I'm sorry you've all had some issues too but glad it seems normal! Would've been nice if I'd been told that it was likely! Especially as I've never had an issue with any other vaccinations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now