Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

not sleeping at 7 weeks

(5 Posts)
mellmumma Sat 05-Dec-15 09:04:21

Hi everyone, am pregnant for the first time and am obviously overjoyed to be but am really struggling with the lack of sleep!

I always used to sleep on my front but my boobies hurt so much! the constant ache is preventing me from dropping off or finding a comfy position to sleep in. I'm averaging 4-5 broken and uncomfortable hours which leaves me zombified all the next day with no energy to do anything.

I know lack of sleep is all part of having a baby! But dreading the pregnancy if this is just the start!! 🙈🙈 Are there any tips of herbal ways to get me off to sleep or sleep aids I can buy? does the boob ache get any better/worse throughout?

I am however lucky to be escaping the nausea so far, so I know it could be worse.... I just want a good nights sleep and wake up feeling refreshed for once! 😊😊

thanks for reading, just feeling a bit miserable this morning!

brookeberry Sat 05-Dec-15 09:11:51

Congratulations mellmumma! My boobs were agony around 8 weeks and I couldn't lie on my side at all and could only sleep on my back. They got much better from around 9 weeks, which of course made me worry that my symptoms were disappearing! I'm now 21 weeks and my boobs have never been as sore as they were around the 8 week mark, So hopefully it will get better for you too. Although now I can't sleep because of trips to the loo 3 times a night grin

knaffedoff Sat 05-Dec-15 09:12:43

Sorry to break this to you, but the lack of sleep experienced during pregnancy is the preparation for when baby arrives and needs to feed lots at night.

Congratulations it does get better honestly smile

mellmumma Sat 05-Dec-15 09:24:15

ahhh brookeberry that is good to know!! hopefully they will ease off a bit soon! I feel like I have come out of a boob op surgery they are swollen, sore and rock hard!

I know Knaffedoff! all a slippery slope from here! 😁😁 a few people know I'm pregnant and when I've told them about the sleep issue they can't believe it, said they were sleeping like babies in 1st trimester as so tired....! All the advice I keep hearing is 'sleep now while you still can!' but I can't! 😩 The first few weeks were great, just this week I have struggled, literally last six nights in a row.

Runningupthathill82 Sat 05-Dec-15 09:46:17

Time to get used to it, I'm afraid - I haven't slept properly since I was pregnant with DS. He's now three!

He was up three times last night, and the rest of the night I tossed and turned as couldn't get comfortable (33 weeks and a huge bump here). I'm broken through lack of sleep, but have to function, as I have a full time demanding job and a demanding toddler.

Hopefully you can get some rest in the second trimester, but I wouldn't count on it! But even if you can't sleep, what you can do now is rest - lounge on the sofa, snooze through a box set, have a long bath, etc etc. You can't do that in any future pregnancies, once you already have a child to look after, so make the most of the "me" time at weekends while you still can...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now