Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone Up?????

(8 Posts)
gemsparkle84 Sat 05-Dec-15 01:23:03

I'm wide awake with horrific restless buttocks and legs.... I've been having back and pelvic pain since well before I got pregnant, now 27 weeks and it seems to be getting worse. I'm currently just rocking gently on my birthing ball to see if I can ease off the sensations. Anybody had any experience of restless legs? Even if not what keeping you up???

Loft653 Sat 05-Dec-15 02:09:37

Hi, I'm up feeding DD who is 5 days old now and seems ridiculously hungry tonight!

I had restless legs during the third tri, my iron levels were towards the lower end of what is 'acceptable' but due to restless legs my GP prescribed some iron tablets anyway and they did the trick. Have you had bloods tested recently?

Loft653 Sat 05-Dec-15 02:12:49

Oh, I had back pain too - saw an osteopath for that and she did wonders for it! Unfortunately I doubt you'll get an NHS referral for that but if you have BUPA of equivalent they will pay out.

Mine was due to tight muscles not relaxing as they should, it was crippling at nighttime.

BoxofSnails Sat 05-Dec-15 02:37:39

Heavy bedding over your legs was the best advice I was ever given. So if necessary a couple of duvets folded just over your lower half, so you get kind of muffled sensation. Hope you get some sleep soon.

Pollyputhtekettleon Sat 05-Dec-15 03:16:55

I'm up. 39+5 and irregular pains since 7pm. Quiet-ish for the moment. But I wish I was asleep.

GoldPlatedBacon Sat 05-Dec-15 03:33:40

Tomorrow try tonic water for restless legs

wannabestressfree Sat 05-Dec-15 05:58:07

I am woken by my legs every night/ morning and five is the start of the day for me now.... You have my sympathy.
I am not preggers but have a crohnic illness sad

AKP79 Sat 05-Dec-15 07:14:08

I've been up all night with a poorly DS1 and then up for the day from 5am with him. Totally underestimated how exhausting this pregnancy lark would be second time around. DH not much help, DS only wants mummy! Zzzzzzzzzzz

Dreading the restless legs setting in...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now