Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

showing at 5 weeks!

(9 Posts)
Jw35 Fri 04-Dec-15 14:38:44

I'm 5.2 weeks with my 3rd child. My youngest is only 11 months and I put on 4 stone with her and looked massive! I lost most of the weight but at 5 weeks I now already have what looks like a bump! Is it just fat as I've been eating more or is it possible?

Tomboyinatutu Fri 04-Dec-15 14:42:42

You could be bloated? I'm 8 weeks with my third and I have nothing to show.

GrapeDuck Fri 04-Dec-15 14:47:13

I was very bloated in the first trimester which gave me a bump. It will calm down.

Jw35 Fri 04-Dec-15 14:47:20

Yeah could definitely be! It's just it's low down rather than high up where my stomach is. I just wondered if my muscles were weak or something? I've probably wrecked my body now lol

ayria Fri 04-Dec-15 21:40:20

I'm sure that with each baby the earlier you show. It's different for everyone. I'm pregnant with second and am about 6 weeks, have a slight, small bump just above pubic bone. It's possible.

TreeSparrow Sat 05-Dec-15 00:07:03

It's not possible at all. The foetus at that age is tiny.

It's water retention. I had a massive bump before it was really any baby...it was all fluid. grin

ayria Sat 05-Dec-15 11:27:55

I'm quite thin anyway and it's just above my pubic bone so maybe that's why. It's not water retention as it's hard and not hollow like usual. But some women can show at 12 weeks, depends how many babies you've had though.

frikadela01 Sat 05-Dec-15 11:33:16

At 5 weeks it's roughly the size of a sesame seed... highly unlikely to be an actual baby bump. As pp have said it's probably bloating/water retention or your much further along than 5 weeks.

Jw35 Sat 05-Dec-15 20:27:17

I was thinking more that it was my uterus as its all stretched from previous pregnancy. I didn't think of water retention

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now