Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

?uti

(5 Posts)
Iammad Fri 04-Dec-15 14:31:21

I'm 34 weeks pregnant and for the past few days I have had some pain in lower tummy, and been needing to go for a wee a lot (as in every 15 mins and not feeling like I have emptied after either).
I thought it was maybe because baby was lowering herself down more now.
Turns out baby is breech and no where near birth cannel.
Saw midwife at the hospital and I had +++ leukocytes in sample, was made to retake (after two drinks and an hour) and still at the highest level on the chart for leukocytes.
Msu has been sent off, but I have been told it will be about Wednesday before I hear anything.
If I have got a uti that seems a long time to wait do you think?

strawberryandaflake Fri 04-Dec-15 16:52:05

Possibly. Drink lots of water to flush it out and cranberry juice. I take cystopurin as my magic cure, not sure if it's ok while pregnant. Just don't let it get to your kidneys. X

Dixiechick17 Fri 04-Dec-15 19:30:41

If you're still suffering tomorrow contact your triage department as they may be able to get a doctor at the hospital to do a prescription or see your results earlier. Wednesday does seem a while to wait, I waited a few days and then the pain set in, was not nice.

Adelecarberry87 Fri 04-Dec-15 19:35:22

Im pregnant and have a uti . I can't seem to shift it so on second lot of antibotics as the first ones didn't I'm suprised they haven't given you any antibotics straight away as it can cause early labrour or a small baby if left untreated. Mines been in my kidneys, the pain has been horrendous. Don't suffer if you need to ring and ask for antibotics.

Iammad Fri 04-Dec-15 20:12:24

Thank you lady's, I have been drinking loads of water and will try cranberry juice as well.
Will go to walk in tomorrow if worse, atm it's just a throbing sort of pain below and the weeing all the time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now