Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Round ligament pain?

(4 Posts)
shipperssss Fri 04-Dec-15 11:40:20

Hi,

I am currently 17+4 and for a few weeks I have had tightening/pain when sneezing (I think it is from my body tensing) it is all across my abdomen when this happens, but only lasts a second or so.

But this morning when I woke up I had a pulling feeling on my left side, in between the top of where I think my uterus is at the moment and my hip. It isn't sore just uncomfortable and it is a bit stabby, not constant.

I am only just starting to show the tiniest bit this week, so it fits that only now things are really starting to stretch out.

I've had a quick google, I know I shouldn't! And it sounds exactly like round ligament pain. Do I need to contact the MW/GP or not worry about it at this stage?

Any help is appreciated as I'm a worrier!

shipperssss Fri 04-Dec-15 13:16:42

any help?

I'm trying not to panic!

brookeberry Fri 04-Dec-15 13:25:29

I'm fairly sure that's ligament pain. I'm 21 weeks and I think it started for me around 14 weeks (although I'm not sure now!). But yes, it's a very short sharp sensation, like a needle - I got it low down and either on the left or right. It very much comes and goes for me. I'm getting in more now on the front. I wouldn't worry (google makes us all worry!) but if you are call the midwife!

shipperssss Fri 04-Dec-15 13:32:54

Thanks brookeberry I am sure that's what it is and sounds very similar to what you have described!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now